I have been going to the tanner for about 3 years on and off. I used to be really responsible about wearing the protective glasses they provide, but I haven't used them at all for about a year. I have recenty noticed after I tan that my eyes get blurry temorarily. It would only last for about 20 mintues, then my eyes would go back to normal. For about 2 weeks now, my eyes have felt blurry all the time. The feeling that I would get when I'd get out of the tanning bed is the feeling that I have constantly. This blurred vision is now accompanied by headaches periodically, which I'm guessing isn't too surprising since my vision is worse than it was. Is this blurry vision related to tanning or could it be something else?

You need to wear protective eye wear! You could do permanent damage to your eyes. Closing your eyes or even covering them with a towel doesn't protect them from the UV rays!

tanning. you may have ruined your eyes

I always wear the goggles and put towel on my face and this blurry vision still comes and lasts for about 10-15 min. I go once a week only during the summer months.