Sudden blurred vision..lasted 20 minutes...no other symtoms....it was more out of focus than blurred..at normal reading distance the center 3-4 inches was clear and focused.....the outer was very very distorted ..like looking thru a coke bottle
Thanks for any help

Hi Tom,

Would you describe it as looking down a tunnel? Tunnel vision?
You may want to consider going to the ER. Definitely you need to see your doctor, soon.

It COULD be that you suffered a mild stroke, a TIA, or a possible detached retina (was it one eye or both?)

How old are you? What is your general health? How is your BP usually?

63years old...no drugs..both eyes..very good health except for a few ackes ans pains

it was strange..no acohol or drugs involved...to read the liner below the news on TV I had to focus on each word to read it or it was out oif focus
this was not blurred but like looking thru a kalidescope

OK, good to know.

I'd still like you to run this by your doctor. 20 minutes is a long time for something like this to happen. If he doesn't find anything I'd follow up with an opthamologist.

If it happens again or you have any other symptoms, consider it an emergency and don't hesitate to call 911. Until we know what it is, we can't rule out anything.

Keep us posted please.

thank you
i really appreciate your help
i am 14 months from medi care and very little resourses so major medical expenses are not possible for me

Anytime Tom, anytime.

I can understand about the expenses, our health care system has its faults.

If you can see a doctor or opthamologist I'd recommend it at least for a basic exam. If you have any other symptoms, do consider it an emergency.

Dan

Dan i want to thank you very much for your help..I did see a doctor today and she beleives it was a very small clot and suggested more test but I opted not to do that because of money (rather the lack of it)
She prescribed a low dose blood pressure pill and a full strength aspirin.
And I don't blame the medical system for my poor decisions..my financial position is my fault.
Thank you..you are a good guy to do this for people

Thanks Tom. I'm glad you went to see a doctor.

Keep up with the aspirin.

All the best!