Hello! My brother is diagnosed open-angle glaucoma. He didn’t have any symptoms at all. He fights diabetes for years and his condition is under control. He takes care of his nutrition, he exercises every day and swims two times a week, and of course he takes his medicines regularly. Now, I am concerned he will lose his eyesight. What is the treatment for open-angle glaucoma?

Hello! Most of the people with glaucoma are completely not aware of it since there are no symptoms. The main treatment for open-angle glaucoma is to reduce the pressure in the eye and it is usually started with eye drops. This will reduce the amount of fluid produced in the eye. Glaucoma can’t be cured but it can be controlled. Your brother will have regular eye examinations and most probably continue the treatment for the rest of his life. Don’t worry, with regular observation and treatment damage will be kept to a minimum.