Hi, I have bone spurs on my spine, and I think they are causing my back pain. I also have loss of motion in my joints, and the pain sometimes spreads even further from a spine. How can I treat bone spurs?

When I had bone spurs on my spine, I suffered from a terrible pain in my back. X-rays showed that my pain was caused by spurs, which were pushing against my nerves and causing numbness. Then I had Computerized tomography (CT scans) that provided details about that nerve compression and change in the spinal architecture. Doctor said that I didn’t need a surgery, because my irritation from bone spurs was moderate. He prescribed me anti-inflammatory medications and muscle relaxant pain medications, and told me to use them for two months. I also had a physical therapy that lasted for two weeks, and restored strength and flexibility to my back and neck. You can’t treat bone spurs on your own. You have to ask your doctor to recommend you a proper medical treatment, or surgery if it’s needed.