Hi, I suffer from Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV) for less then a year. I am having a treatment that is performed in the doctor's office, and it’s called Semont maneuver. However I was considering self treatment too. Was it successful for anyone?

Hello, I cured my condition with self-treatment of Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo (BPPV). Office treatment didn’t work for me, so I had no choice then to try this. I was doing some exercises called Brandt-Daroff Exercises. A doctor who recommended me this self-treatment for BPPV, told me to do the exercises in three sets per day for two weeks. It’s not hard. You only have to upright on the bed, and then to move into the side-lying position. You stay in that position for 30 seconds, and do the same thing on the other side. This is just a ruff description of self-treatment, so you better find some better description if you decide to do these exercises. It was useful for 95% of patients, so it would probably help you too.

I know a lot of people who treat themselves at home. In some cases this works well, but many people report that the maneuver is difficult to do correctly. Recently a new device called the DizzyFIX was cleared by the FDA to treat BPPV at home. The device guides you through the correct maneuver and can be used over and over again as needed. There is more information on their website www.dizzyfix.com