(The catheter-free Bravo PH capsule Monitoring System made by Medtronic) is very dangerous and it could and will cause catastrophic and permanent damage to the esophagus. My name is Chris and I have been investigating the Bravo PH 48 hour capsule. If you know of anyone that has had the Bravo PH 48 hour test and has been seriously injured and/or has taken one's life, Please contact me **** I want to hear your story. I'm gathering more information about this very dangerous and potentially deadly medical device (Bravo PH 48 hour capsule). Thank you and God Bless.

P.S. DO NOT let any Doctor, Physician or Gastroenterologist tell you that the Bravo PH 48 hour capsule is safe. It is NOT safe.......The Bravo PH 48 hour capsule (made by Medtronic) is extremely dangerous!!!

**edited by moderator**

Did the probe give the doctor the readings he needed to diagnose your problems and fix them?
I'm suppose to have the probe test done on the 19th. It's suppose to be left in for 7 days. I needed some info. on the procedure but it seems like I might have got my answers from your statement and questions. I'm 53 and have lived with this since I was 18. Its gotten alot worse over the years.
I guess I just have to figure out which one really would be worse.

sounds like BS to me. This guys is probably a lawyer trying to make some money off of medtronic. the pH probe is used routinely to diagnose reflux.

Exactly *how* is the Bravo dangerous? He says he's looking for cases of serious injury / death due to the device, and yet he fails to define a plausible example of how they may occur. Such unfounded hysteria should be avoided like the plague.

He's probably not even a lawyer - perhaps a disgruntled ex-employee resorting to such petty methods of revenge.

That guy is alittle hyper-sensitive. Yes, a risk of the Bravo system could be esophageal perforation, which is surgically fixable. Yes, a perf can be deadly, but please don't assume that means you will get one. I work for another competing company, but misconceptions of this kind is bad patient care. So, if you Dr. says it's safe, it is. I hope they use my product, but Bravo is good for what it does.

Rubbish! I've just had the Bravo test done this wek, and had no problems at all.

Many things in life carry SOME risks in SOME cases; get things in proportion, mate!!!

Bravo patient, London SE9

i recently had the test performed...unfortunately I have had pain upon swallowing food and liquids....its been 7 days...took xrays capsule still stuck to esphogus....they told me that the battery lasts 2 days and the pill should be gone....i am in pain 24/7 and tomorrow they tell me that if its still there they will have to remove it...it may have cause an ulcer/sore or hole...they are also afraid if they remove it they may also do some damage....modern technology...i am already having gerd problems and now i have another....has this happened to anyone....

I had this done yesterday. I had a sore throat after the procedure, but that just gave me an excuse to have ice cream. So far, no problems at all.

I had the prodedure done monday morning March 28 2011. I had immediate pain with drinking and eating in my chest and back. The pain is still here. My doctor said to drink some mylanta and the pain should go away in a couple of days. She told me this yesterday. If it is still here tomorrow, I am demanding it to be removed.

I am not happy right now.

Briana
***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use

Friday, 15 apr 2011, i had this proceedure done. I was not aware that this proceedure was being done. but i took home the monitor. so its in there  haha.

tomorrow  monday 1 18 2011, I take the monitor back to the dr. Friday Nite the 15th, I vomited 3 times. the last vomit looked like red blood with undisolved food matter. I wont know until i get the results back , if the capsule is still intact. that will be 27 April.

I have had acid reflux every since i came back from Vietnam in dec 1970. I have been diagnosed with acid reflux, gastro intestinal disease, gastroparisis and other diagnosis. It is true I have Had H Pylori with ulsers ausing continuious vomiting after every meal sincelatter part of 1970 to present. the med field didnt know what H Pylori was until 1980. it was after that the med industry  found not a cure but a concotion of pills that would hide the symptoms. Prevpac is the present concoction being used. i first thought the medtronic was part of a capsule camera system. sunday, 17 apr, i have bleeding of the nose. left nostril. So far i am not dead. I will do a follow up

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I had the test 8 weeks ago and it is stuck in my colon.

I had this procedure done today June 26,2012. I am having chest and back pain when eating and drinking. When will this get better!!!! Please let me know.

I had this procedure done yesterday ( July 5) and I had a LOT of chest discomfort that became excruciating whenever I ate . They told me I wouldn't feel it. HA! If I had of know it would hurt that much I never would have agreed to it. I am glad to know that I am not the only one who has had pain. I still have some mild discomfort today but it is tolerable. I hope I do not have any other issues.I am a very small person ( 5"3 , 120lbs) so I don't know if that has anything to do with it .

Husband is suppose to have this test for Cleveland Clinic, for possible lung transplant...which we don't understand why, cause he has no problems with GERD.  Now he is afraid from reading this.  I think it is crazy...any one have to have this done for a possible lung transplant?

What's your product called?