i am experiencing pressure in the center of my chest ...it comes in the form of attacks usually in the middle of the night or monrning when im sleeping and lasts for hours.... I AM ONLY 21!!!!! it started in january after being extremely ill...i almost asked my mom to take me to the hospital but let it pass and thought it ws a virus... then in the spring i felt a constant pressure in the center of my chest behind my breastbone for about a week.... a lot of nausea over the summer... did a barium swallow to find i have esophogitus, mild hiatel hernia, and moderately inflamed intestines.... have done lots of blood tests all normal....i keep having these attacks at night of extreme pressure radiating straight through to my back..the back pain kills...nothing relieves it and i cant sleep through it...i feel the pressure sometimes during the day but very dulled.... i was thinking maybe acid reflux but nothing relieves it and i have already removed many things from my diet...also when it occurred the other morning it was around 9 am and i was sleeping and hadnt eaten in like 10 hours....had an endoscopy yesterday and the doctors are baffled....

going to check my gallbladder on monday but i already had an ultrasound.... im not very concerend just frustrated looking for an answer...antacids do not help...nor does pepto etc

anyone have an ideas???? im female...slighlty over weight but nothing concerning doctor said...

looking for any kind of advice im really sick of being sick its starting to interfere with my school work because i lose so much sleep

You may have gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) which is the cause of your esophagitis. A combination of bile reflux and acid reflux will make your antacids useless as bile salts can burn your esophagus even at neutral pH. During the day time when you were upright, the force of gravity helps keep the bile and stomach acid down. But at night when you were sleeping in a horizontal position, this no longer holds true. Being obese, the abdominal fat will exert extra pressure on your small intestine and stomach to cause the bile to upflow into the esophagus. I suggest that you try popping your upper body up as high as you feel comfortable when you sleep. Maybe sleeping on an inclined lawn chair instead of a bed. Try to stay away from stimulants such as caffeine, soda, etc. Eat many small meals over the course of the day instead of 3 big meals. I wish you the best.