I have a pain in my chest when I swallow or belch...the only way I can explain it is that it feels either like I swallowed a toothpick and it is lodged somewhere low and every time something passes by it , it hits it and causes pain ....it takes about 2 seconds after I swallow for it to happen....or kind of like when I swallow or burp, a balloon suddenly opens up really quick and then quickly deflates causing me to stop what I am doing for a second and start to breath again...I am fine otherwise...I cannot eat without pain....it is quick sharp pain...I can drink uncarbonated drinks without pain but if I drink a soda, it hurts....I also constantly feel a lump in my throught...no pain there...it just bothers me. Any thoughts?

Thanks

I have been suffering with the same symptoms as yours just starting today.It happens mainly when i have a drink.it takes a few seconds before i get what sounds like the way you describe it a toothpick lodged in the middle of my chest.I hope someone can give us some idea as to what is causing this. %-)

I started feeling this last night as well. I would describe it exactly the same way. Did you ever find anything out?

same exact thing! this post needs more attention!!! =(

I'm getting these symptoms too. :-(

me too.. about 3 weeks from now.. and it makes me burp.. pls help! a have urticaria too. could it be connceted?!

This is exactly whats going on with me.
i really hope this gets answered.
ive had this for 3 days and its not gone yet.
someone help. :-(

Okay so Im not the only one... Ive been having the pains for a week now and im still not getting any relief.. my mom gave me some acid reflux medicine, but im not sure if that's it..... I hope someone has an answer soon.

although these symptoms are common in most esophageal diseases, it might be from Barretts esophagus or cancer of the esophagus. It would be wise to check with a doctor before coming up with conclusions.

Look I have the same thing, it's not a cancer or esophagus or acid reflux. It's one of two things. Either a high concentration pill which was taken without water, or a pinched nerve/muscle near your rib/sternum area.

Im having the same thing! my back and chest hurt after i burp or swallow. i have no clue what it is but it hurts so bad! :-(

I have Almostr the samething for about 3 days now but when I burp or turn or move real Sharp pains on the left side. Went to the doctor and he gave me pills for Swelling said it could be swelling on the lung lining? Ekg was good. I walk from my living to my kitchen and Im out of breath which hurts even more tsaking deep breathes. Doctor said if the pills dont work will send me for more testing. Sleeping is Difficult can only sleep on my back any turning and Im screaming in pain. I have been taking Vicodin for the pain works for about 2hours. Im only 37 and worried.

Yeah I think the high concentration pill thing makes sense.. I swallowed a disprin (asprin) the other day and my mum told me later that I was supposed to dissolve it in water first.. Why does t cause pain though?

I swallowed the other day and it felt like i pinched something! how do you fix it if it was a pinched nerve/muscle??

I've been having this for a few days now. I burp about every 30 minutes and i get a sharp pain in my chest. It only happens when i burp though. (im needing to burp a lot more then normal now for some reason though)