I read in one article that when the body is too acidic disease and infections proliferate. Acid is supposed to be there in the body because of acid forming foods, high fat, mucus forming foods, and toxic food residues. There was written this is especially true in cases of arthritis and rheumatic situations, so since I am diagnosed with arthritis I want to hear more. Could you tell me all I should know about body’s ph balance?

You have to understand that most foods are alkaline by nature, but manufactured processed foods are acidic. It is important to balance each meal with 75% alkaline to 25% acidic to maintain your health. Perfect body pH balance is 6.4; everything above is alkaline and below is acidic. It is important that your daily dietary intake of food naturally balance your body pH if you want to be healthy. Food with much acid is meat, fish, poultry, and eggs. Milk is approximately neutral in acid/alkaline but high in mucus-forming attributes such as fat. Millet and roasted buckwheat are slightly alkalizing, while soy and lima beans are extremely alkalizing. Alkaline-producing examples are fruits, vegetables, sprouts, cereal grasses and herbs. To have good ph balance you should chew thoroughly the complex carbohydrates as grains, vegetables, and legumes in order to mix them with salvia. You should not drink while eating, as this stops the digestive process from beginning within the mouth. The correct ratio of acid and alkaline forming foods is difficult to know since the balance is altered by chewing, food preparation, individual lifestyle, genetics, and exercise.