Hello! Please I need to know what sarcoidosis ace is about. I am positive on sarcoidosis for two years now and on my last sarcoidosis check up I was directed to have some ace test for this constant coughing accompanied with the lack of a breath also but I also lately have reddish and watery eyes situation and my doc told me I should be having sarcoidosis ace test. I don't get it what does that means and why this sarcoidosis test is done? Thanks much!

Sarcoidosis ace test is done whenever there is a suspicious that sarcoidosis has spread to some others organ-to me it looks like your eyes might be involved now so if your sarcoidosis ace test shows levels much higher than they were up until now than you may be needed some prednisone treatment to fix this problem. I also had this sarcoidosis ace test-that is in fact control of some enzyme's level but I needed no treatment for it showed my sarcoidosic granule are not of severe form anyway if your sarcoidosis ace test shows high levels you may be prescribed prednisone-and if so watch out taking it as prescribed for it may trigger some serious condition such as hypertension, diabetes and even glaucoma.

The Ace test is a blood test which measure the levels of angiotensyn in your body. My recent test was 51. 51 is still good, but the higher the ace level the more your sarcoidosis is active. You are going to need medical care. Prednisone is the drug of choice for first occurence of the disease, but if you have more than one flare-up, you may need specialized care. The first noticeable symtom I had was chest pain. I thought I had pnemonia, buut I didn't. I had night sweats, bone pain in my arms, weight loss, fatigue, and just didn't feel good. If you think you have sarcoidosis or a family member may have it. Don't delay getting help. The disease mimics other diseases, but tests will reveal its presence.