I know this might sound strange but I want to have breast reduction surgery done. My large, pendulous breasts cause me medical problems such as back and neck pain. Usually, bra straps leave indentations in their shoulders. What is the worst, I have noticed self-conscious is very low because of this. That is why I would like to hear more about breast reduction and surgery procedure.

Breast reduction is technically known as reduction mammaplasty and this procedure is designed for women with problem as you have. The procedure removes fat, glandular tissue, and skin from the breasts. Off course, this will make them smaller, lighter, and firmer. Surgeon can also reduce the size of the areola, the darker skin surrounding the nipple. The goal is to give woman smaller, better-shaped breasts in proportion, and something that is the most important; it will give her self-conscious back. Before you undergo this procedure, you need basic understanding of the procedure about breast reduction surgery and its procedure. Techniques for breast reduction vary, but the most common procedure involves an anchor-shaped incision that circles the areola. It extends downward, and follows the natural curve of the crease beneath the breast. The surgeon removes excess glandular tissue, fat, and skin, and moves the nipple and areola into new position. Liposuction may be used to remove excess fat from the armpit area if that is needed. The best way is to talk with your doctor and surgeon prior you decide to have breast reduction surgery.

I had this done about 18 months ago. The difference is AMAZING! I had immediate relief from migranes that plagued me (caused by the pure weight of my breasts pulling on my neck and shoulders) My posture improved greatly, and I am more able to exercise without pain.
If you can afford it, or had good insurance like I do I would recommend it!!!

If it helps, I had breast reduction surgery 10 weeks ago. However, I have to be honest and say that although the right breast has healed, I have no feeling in the nipple. Now, that sounds like a bit of a problem, but it is nothing compared to my left breast. The blood supply failed to get through and the skin and tissue began to die. Since leaving hospital I have had to have daily dressing changes - I am now down to 4 a week, which includes a weekend visit by the District Nurse.

I only tell you this because you need to be aware that things can go wrong. However, frustrated as I am with having to take time off from work and out of my weekends for dressing changes, I have absolutely no regrets about the surgery. I still have a dressing on my left breast, but I feel so much better, so much more confident, so much lighter. I love the fact that when I lie down in bed at night my boobs stay where they are instead of nestling under each armpit.

I guess what I am trying to say to you is that you need to be very aware of what can go wrong and then ask yourself whether that would still be better than what you live and cope with now.

I am a person who is still coping with a downside (my left breast has two large holes that need to be filled, covered and dressed). My most recent swab was taken two days ago and I am dreading going back onto antibiotics because they make me so unwell.

When you take all this into account, you must ask why I still have no regrets about the surgery. Well, it's because I feel so much better now in myself - no more back, shoulder or neck pain. But, most importantly, I can wear really nice tops, which don't draw attention to me and, as we are suffering with extreme heat temperatures in the UK at the moment, it has made my life more bearable.

I really hope this helps you with your decision.

Debbie. x

:D I had breast reduction surgery exactly 30 days ago. I must admit that at first I was a little apprehensive because I have never been in the hospital for anything, but the results are amazing. The pain was minimal at best and 2-3 days after the surgery I was up and doing everything. It has now been 30 days and I am back running with a good sports bra of course. The feeling is amazing, the immediate results of just looking good and I healed up properly. I found the key was to keep the areas where there were incisions moist ( ie. I used Shea Butter). It works great!
Bottom-line it is a personal decision and one that only you can make. I did not share this decision with my family, only my husband because I did not want everyones opinion. The only person that has to carry the large breast around is you! This was the best decision I could have ever made!

question....is it safe to undergo anethesia if ur pregnant....

It cost me $75, which was my hospital copay. Insurance paid 100% of the $8,000 the procedure cost.

I do not regret it one bit, I have a ton more info for you but it it totally worth it, my back pain was GONE when I awoke in the recovery room.

I had it done in Feb 2006 38J to 38C and only wish I got it done sooner.

*** edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

%-) I have had a rough recovery but do notice that my shoulders are in the right place now,
I do have a belly(I am hoping to shrink it), mY BACK IS FREE OF PAIN,
I no longer feel like a hunchback because of my previos h cup breasts, and
my heart seems to beat a little softer. Surgery completed 4 January 2010.

I want to undergo breast reduction surgery very badly. but i do not have children yet. Is it safe to undergo this surgery brfore pregnancy? will i not have any problems because of the milk duts ?