Recently my discharge developed a foul smell, not so much fishy but more like bad/old blood. And then I noticed a colour change, brown in colour as if blood from the wall of my uterus is breaking off and mixing in. I've seen the doctor and a swab test showed I was clear...but this wasn't to test for all STD's as they cannot test all there.
I am booked in for a smear test soon. Theres no pain, just this smell and colour change, I have recently got a boyfriend so would like to resolve this problem fast.
Would it be that my cervix is weak and letting blood out, but then why the smell and why now, considering im 19 and I started my period at age 11/12, I was last sexually active 7 months ago, and I haven't changed anything I normally do or eat....I do weigh just 6 1/5 stone however......would could this be HELP ?!

I have been told that it could be Cervical Erosion .... how long does this last, I'm headng towards 3 months now....as i felt last week it had gone but i started my period, i think. As the cervical erosion cause blood between periods, but it seems to light to be a period but has had heavy patches so im confused...hopefully this is the remainder of this and it will go away.........anyone know anything else that could help?????

It's Cleared Up Now...Still Had Two Random Days Of Bleeding In The Morning And Got Lighter To The Point Of Stopping To The Evening....All Fine Now....Hormonal I Suspect, As My Breasts Where Tender Wen I Bled For Those 2 Days...Like Tender When You Have A Period. But No Odor So Must Of Officialy Cleared Up =D

Hope It Stays Away.

Brown discharge, which basically equals bloody discharge, is considered normal if it comes as your period is starting or towards its end. Some women also get brown discharge as they ovulate, which is an ovulation bleeding. Of course, bloody discharge should smell different to normal vaginal discharge. You're dealing with blood, after all. It should not have a fishy or pungent smell however. 

I'm glad it's over now but do see your doctor if you have random spotting often, as it can indicate an infection or some disease, like endometriosis or PCOS? Always see your doctor if your strange discharge is accompanied by pain. 

could it be that hes in there too hard? o.O :'(

I just had a d&C last week to remove multiple polyps and was told I had a lot of backed up blood on the lining on my uterus. I had been on the pill already for a month because I had been having uterine bleeding for months. Now during the healing process I have a fowl odor coming out with the blood. Could it be the old blood that was backed up on the uterine wall or and infection? Anyone else experience this?

I am experiencing the same odd occurrence. My boyfriend and I were separated for over 3 months. I had sex with no one. When we got back together everything was fine. After a week I started my period. We had sex when I was almost done and it had a decaying odor that I have never experienced before. I thought that maybe a feminine douche would help but it didn't. I only experience the odor during sex. Never before and not even during oral sex or foreplay. I'm going to the clinic tomorrow.

well I had the same problem and I knew something was wrong. I went into the Dr and he pulled out a tampon that was lodge up there. I still cant figure out how that happened as I use them on and off when my cycle is really heavy and was sure I always pull them out. I will never use them again. The Dr said that could be fatal as that enters the blood stream. He inserted an iodine solution and told me to get a medicate douche. Boy the things women go through!

What was out come..samething going on and I'm freakin out...

I'm have the same problem and I don't know what to its been 3 months since I'm on the injection and for the past 2 months I've been seeing a brownish discharge some times blood clot and it has a foul odor and I know I don't have any STD

I had my menstruation and it suddenly stopped for like a week. I thought it was just one of my odd, short cycles I get sometimes but when I had sex, black blood came out and it had the foulest scent. How can my menstruation just suddenly stop yet still be inside and cause this foul stench?

Hie i need help i was on depo for a. Couple of years and then i recently came off my periods are back and very regular .the period lasts four days like it did before depo the first 3 days of the period i bleed havily but its normal blood however the on the fourth and final day i have brownish blood which smells really bad it lasts for a few hours then the period finishs and its all gone untill same thing happens the following month should i worry

So glad to have read this post had same problem and was an old tampon so thank you!! Lol

What was the diagnosis? As im having the exact symptoms.

I had this happen to me on my past period and I couldn't find any answer on the internet. Until I felt around up there and realized a tampon had been stuck for an entire week and worked its way up behind the cervix (because I had switched between tampon and a memorial cup and in my sleepiness thought I'd removed my tampon first. I'm honestly very lucky to not have developed toxic shock syndrome. It was very difficult but I got it out and then the doctor put me on antibiotics. The strench was horrible like burning rubber.