i have had a really foul smell for about 2-3 weeks, a smell i have never had before. it smells like an old tampon or fecal matter. i have recently started eating less and taking vitamins, b-complex, e, and c. i thought it was because i was on the atkins diet, but it has continued even though i have not continued on the diet.

i have done research and the results do not narrow down anything. could be a tampon lost to cervical cancer.

can someone help me, it is really gross and i need to know if i should go on to the doctor.

thanks.

you should defintley go see your doc. I have had the same thing in the past it's most likely a bacterial infection you can get an antibotic it takes 2 or 3 days and the odor is gone

Hello, I have been having the same problem for years and I've been treated for BV and in the past Clindamyacin and Flagul used to work but now they do not at all. I know I am using the medications correctly to no avail. I douche. The odor comes back. I have bought feminine washes, they don't work. I really don't know what to do now because now the smell is so bad everyone I come near can smell it and its embarrassing. People automatically think you are dirty or you have bad hygiene which is not the case. I am depressed and suicidal about this because its been going on so long and no doctor is able to help. Someone, anyone please help !!!!!!!

To: Meganfreeman11

I've been told by countless doctors that douching is a no-no! Because you destroy the balance in your vagina when you douche, it's GONNA stink! I didn't believe my doctor at first, but he was right. Douching is really not good for that area. I know you feel compelled to because of the smell - but try not too. Also check with your doctor about a candida infection (yeast). High levels of candida in your body can cause this problem also. I've been juicing carrots for weeks and the amount of yeast and phlegm that is excreted has been amazing. Also, drink water!!! It's important to flush your body. Eliminate your sugars and decrease your dairy content. This is hard for a lot of people, but I promise you... it works. If all else fails, talk to your doctor about your fistula attachment. Some women who have fecal vaginal odor have been informed that the connecting tissue between their vagina and anal cavity is disconnected. From what I hear, correction of this problem is extremely simple. Best of luck -- and remember, GOD is a wonderful God! Don't you dare think about suicide! As a matter of fact, you should go to some of the fecal body odor forums online because they are a wonderful support system. Sweetheart, you're not the only one who goes through this embarrassment. I know it may feel like it, but you're not. Please know that I'm praying 4 you!

Try inserting a clove of garlic before bed for like 5 days its a natural antibiotic that kills bad bacteria, worked for me! Hope this works....

You have a tampon stuck in you! That's it, go To the drs for them to remove

Try home remedies. Check out some forums on BV. The home remedies are helpful. For example, you can insert a Vit C tablet. Check out Patient.co.uk and do a search for BV. Tons of info.

what type of antibiotic is that

Hello, I have that same problem and I have been going to the doctor for over 6 yrs for it. I have change ob-gyns at least 4 times, because they all say I'm ok and my tet results are normal. It's horrible and I need answers myself....U r not alone.....

I really hope this message gets to you. You are so amazing! You taking out the time to say that just gave me all the hope in the world! I haven't thought of suicide, but I have been losing hope in ever being able to enjoy my body ever again. You have given me hope and balance by saying this. Any recommendations on the carrot juicing? I'm so down!

You have a tampon stuck behind your cervix

I also smell bad if anyone wants to unite in our suffering 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

True get checked

No she doesn't.