I've been getting a very frequent brown discharge and a foul smell/odor before and after my menstruation period. Because of this, I always use panty liners and shocked that I always have this brown discharge. And also I am still a virgin and I am worried that I might have cervical cancer or any other disease/infection. What could I possibly have? I am only 17 years old and I don't know what to do. I am afraid to tell my parents yet until I have a clue of what I'm having. Please do help me.

Hey,

Brown vaginal discharge means discharge mixed with old blood. Many women have it both right before their period comes along and after it's just ended and your body is cleaning the remnants out. Have you always had it, I mean since you started menstruating? 

The only thing I'd be slightly concerned about is the foul smell. Does it smell like old blood and discharge, or like an infection (more like something has "gone off")? 

Of course, if you're, like, seriously worried about it and it really does smell bad and not like your period at all, definitely see an OBGYN about it. 

Wei think since you're having a foul smell along with your discharge it may be possible u may have an infection and you say you a virgin so just know its not an STD..so with that being said it could be a urinary tract infection or a bacteria infection but I can't diagnose you so I suggest you talk with your parents and schedule you an appointment and get it tooken care of. wish u luck with everything.

I get this also before and after my period. Its just old blood and vaginal mucus mixing, which is why it's brown. The odor is normal and if it gets to strong then change your pad/pantyliner more frequently and clean your area with vaginal wipes when using the restroom. It's nothing to worry about and it will not harm you, unless your having pain and discomfort then you may want to check with a doctor. If it is as you described then I'm sure you'll be fine!! :) Just Stay Clean And Be Patient

u can try douching it helps

Douching doesnt help. i have the same issue. Im 3 yrs celebate, so its not std... but im thinking thats its bacteria and old blood. When i douched the smell came back in a few hours.