I have endometreosis, and recently I had received my annual flu shot, along with my pneumococcal vaccine. I got my period one day after the vaccines, and my period lasted only a day and a half. Directly after my period, I started getting a brown liquidy/ foul smelling vaginal discharge. At first it smelled sort of fishy, but now it sort of smells like fecal material. Does anyone have a clue as to whether this is a BV infection-or possibly something else? I am married and in a monogomous relationship, and so I don't think that it could be an STD.

DID YOU EVER FIND OUT WHAT YOU HAD? I AM EXPERIENCING THE EXACT SAME THING. THANK YOU!

Ok, you ladies sound like you are experiencing what I am, only I do not have Endometriosis, to my knowledge?? But I seem to have the same brownish, smelly discharge. I have been with the same man for almost 13 yrs and have been tested for all kinds of STD's and nothing!! I was SURE HE was cheating, and now I know he's not, and neither am I. But, why am I going through this? I have been treated for BV 3 times in 5 mths and still the same!! I am amazed my BF doesn't cheat, because we don't have sex very often because of this!!But he is being very supportive and understanding....me on the other hand, am losing my mind!! It is very disrptive in my very hygenic life!!I hate it and am very depressed! Someone please give me a cure!!! I take great pride in my hygenics and this is too much!!! HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!! :-(

Have any of you ladies been checked for a vaginal rectal fistula? It can occur spontaneously. It could very well be fecal matter that is coming out of you vagina! Ask your Dr to order a "barium enema" exam. If there is a fistula it should be seen during that test!

if i'm understanding what they are saying correctly than its almost like a dark brown menstrual spotting...i have the same thing for two months now...my gyn appointment is next month...i've heard it can be all sorts of things...preganancy, infection, cancer...blah blah blah...i agree though it makes you feel gross and forget having sex. i completely understand...i'm waiting for answers too!

please disregard last post i re-read the first post and it is not the same.

Out of curiosity have you been able to go to the gyno yet or not? I would like to hear how you're doing if you can let me know. Thanks!

PLEASE!!! I have the same problem. it happened directly after my period the last time and its ruining my sex life!! me and my fiance are trying to conceive but i dont want him to come near me if im experiencing this. hes getting annoyed that im avoiding sex and i dont want him to think im cheating. i dont want to turn him off by telling him whats going on either...whats going on?

You might want to have your gyn run a CA125 test on you. This is the tumor marker for ovarian cancer. Keep in mind, this test is not definitive.. things like colds can make the numbers artificially high, and if you're like me, my results tend to not spike when there is something wrong. There are also other signs of ovarian cancer Hopefully, what you are experiencing is completely different from what happened to me, but better to be safe than sorry!

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

I was having the same problem, but I came across a product called rePHresh. Its a vaginal gel the helps balance the Ph of your vagina and it really works for me, you can find it at Walgreens and I think Walmart as well. Hope this helps!

I have this monthly as well.. It began about a year ago, and stopped for a while but has returned in the last four months or so. I have had endometriosis removed twice, and several bouts of kidney stones and utis. PID is something that comes up in a search of this symptom. I have had negative STD tests. I did learn however, that the test for "Trick" isn't performed unless specifically asked for and can lead to PID if not treated. (yikes) As well as if your partner is being unfaithful, the re-occurring exposure to another woman's vaginal bacteria can cause the PID. (yikes) I ask you.. Do your symptoms decrease if you obstain from intercourse with your partner and return after being with him? Ugh, I hate that thought too. I have no med insurance and find it difficult to find money to pay up front for testing and treatment. I hope to find someone with reassuring news about these symptoms.