Hi,I really need your help.....I have been having a smelly vaginal discharge since Nov 2006...it keeps getting much the more the days go by.At times it stops and when it stops my virgina starts itching badly and I cant walk or sit down either.

I bathe twice a day and nothong is changing......even when I use cologne I still have the bad smell of a dead rotten fish.I only have one partner and we use protection any time we have sex....I don't have sex frequently so it cant be the cause.

Please help me out coz this is really stressing me up......I will be glad if you help.....

I notice that this is an old post, but in case you have not been diagnosed and/or treated yet, here are some things to consider:

It sounds like you have a case of Bacterial Vaginosis (BV).

Some BV Facts:

Women with BV may have an abnormal vaginal discharge with an unpleasant odor. Some women report a strong fish-like odor, especially after sexual intercourse. The discharge can be white (milky) or gray and thin. Other symptoms may include burning when urinating, itching around the outside of the vagina, and irritation. However, these could be symptoms of another infection too. Some women with BV have no symptoms at all.

How can I find out if I have BV?

There is a test to find out if you have BV. Your doctor may also be able to see signs of BV, like a grayish-white discharge, during an examination.

How is BV treated?

BV is treated with antibiotics. Generally, male sex partners of women with BV do not need to be treated. But, you can get BV again even after being treated.

Can BV cause medical problems?

In most cases, BV doesn't cause any problems.

But some problems can happen if BV is untreated.

Pregnancy problems. BV can cause premature delivery and low birth weight babies.

PID - an infection that can affect a woman's uterus, ovaries, and fallopian tubes. Having BV increases the risk of getting PID after a surgical procedure, such as a hysterectomy or an abortion.

Higher risk of getting other STDs. Having BV can increase the chances of getting other STDs, such as chlamydia, gonorrhea, and HIV.

In the off chance that you have not gotten this checked out yet by a gynecologist, I would strongly suggest that you make an appointment soon and don't ignore this any longer than absolutely necessary. As I pointed out, it is easily treatable. But left untreated, it can cause a host of other problems.

Good Luck.