Hello, I am 22 years old and for the most part of my life after puberty I have had a heavy,watery,smelly,discharge that often leaves my panies looking really dirty with a tan or light brown sometimes darker (not blood) color stained. I have worn cotten panties, panty liners , cleaned with mild soap and been tested for std's and bacteria vaginosis. Nothing works,but I know it isn't normal. I have dealt with this my whole life and it is embarassing. I will just be sitting or standing and I feel myself getting wet,and the odor is pungent but not fishy. Can someone please help. I have had a couple of std's in the past that were taken care of..Ghonnorhea and trichomonas, which lead to pelvic inflamatory disease..can this be what caused this?

Well, if you had the discharge since your puberty it is highly unlikely that these infections you had have anything to do with the discharge and the smell.
Once eradicated from the body, these STD’s shouldn’t be causing any symptoms, since they are not there.

If the docs haven’t found anything after excessive search, then I reckon this is something you will have to deal with. I am sorry, but this is probably how it will be if it’s been like that ever since you started puberty.

I mean, I am no doctor but I too have a very heavy discharge without the presence of any infections. I had yeast infections a few times but they are gone now and my discharge does get heavier at ovulation and before periods but it is heavy anyway. Sometimes I wear a pad, sometimes I don’t….it is just the way I am. My doc told me to go home because there was nothing wrong with me and said that my vaginal flora was perfect with all that discharge. It is said that regular and often sex causes excessive discharge.

I know I haven’t been of much help but if there are no infections, this is just something you will have to learn to live with.

i am 13 years old, and i hav been having vaginal discharge before i even started my period. i noticed that when i would come home from school, my underwear would be wet and a little bit of something that looked loke snot, yet no larger than a pea. i don't know what's wrong. i haven't told anyone...i'm highly embarrised. i also have an unusual odor to me too....that's real embarrising around guys. i just want to be normal and not have to wear pads all the time to keep my underwear clean...yet i worry if i don't wear anything. i would like no odor, wetness, or snotty stuff. i use summer's eve for sensitive skin and use vaginal sprays to try to keep the odor hidden. if you have any useful information, please reply. it would mean so much to me.

That happens to me too, all of the time, except that I'm 18. The discharge was occasionaly greenish a year or so ago, but now it's clear. But it's heavy and does have an odor. I'm also a virgin, so I doubt that I have an STD or anything. Anyway, I too am curious as to what this means and if there's anything I can do.

hey summer. im a 14 year old female and i too was having the same problem as you! i was searching the net and i found some info on it. i think we might have bacterial vaginosis. i cant explain it that well so im gonna copy and paste some info...it happens to some virgins, and isn't a std! i was so happy to hear that! lol well i hope this helps! bye bye

When different types of bacteria outnumber the normal bacteria, Lactobacillus, an imbalance is caused in the bacterial organisms that exist in the vagina.

Instead of Lactobacillus bacteria being the most numerous, increased numbers of other organisms are found in the vaginas of women with Bacterial vaginosis (BV) such as:

Bacteroides

Gardnerella vaginalis

Mobiluncus

Mycoplasma hominis

Bacterial Vaginosis (BV)

Bacterial vaginosis (BV) is also called:

Gardnerella-associated vaginitis

nonspecific vaginitis

It is one of the most common causes of vaginitis symptoms among women, particularly those who are sexually active, producing painful inflammation of the vagina.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Symptoms

Although more than 50% of women with Bacterial Vaginosis (BV) have no symptoms, when symptoms do occur they include:

excessive, thin gray or white vaginal discharge that sticks to the vaginal walls
fishy or musty, unpleasant vaginal odor, most noticeable after sex
vaginal itching and irritation
Click Here to view photos of Bacterial Vaginosis

Transmission

The risk of acquiring Bacterial Vaginosis (BV) is increased by:

changing sexual partners
douching
using intrauterine devices (IUDs)
The infection can not be spread from person to person by casual contact, such as:

clothing
door knobs
eating utensils
swimming pools
toilet seats

Diagnosis

Diagnosis is made by:

Physical Examination

observation made with the naked eye and nose
undergoing a pelvic examination
Laboratory Tests

A sample of the vaginal discharge is obtained and viewed under the microscope, either stained or in special lighting, to determine:

Absence of lactobacilli
Change in pH of vaginal fluid
Decreased acidity
If the vaginal cells have the classic appearance of 'clue cells', cells from the vaginal lining that are coated with Bacterial Vaginosis (BV) organisms, which appear in Bacterial Vaginosis (BV)
The presence of Gardnerella bacteria to confirm by microscopic examination
As an added confirmation

The sample is mixed with potassium hydroxide and produces a strong fishy odor when the bacteria is present

Treatment

Bacterial Vaginosis (BV) can be difficult to cure using either conventional or alternative treatments.

Conventional Treatment

Although it is uncertain if Bacterial Vaginosis (BV) is sexually transmitted treatment of all sexual partners is essential to prevent re-infection

The usual treatment is antibiotics, taken orally or vaginally, including:

Ampicillin
Ceftriaxone
Clindamycin,
Metronidazole
Tetracycline
Naturopathic Treatment

Abstaining from sexual activity while the bacterial imbalance/infection is healing
Direct applications of local, anti-microbial products
Support the immune system and its ability to fight the infection and balance the vaginal system
Dietary Recommendations

Include in your diet:

flax seed (Linseed) meal and oil
fresh vegetables and fruits
grains
meats, including fish, poultry
plenty of fresh water
Use foods that have been raised without the use of chemical fertilizers or pesticides wherever possible.

Avoid:

alcohol
coffee
fast foods
processed foods
refined flour products (bread, pasta, etc.)
saturated fats from animal products
sugar
Nutritional Supplements

Vitamin C (1,000 mg three times daily with meals)
Zinc (30 mg daily)
Proteolytic enzymes have been shown to increase effectiveness of the medication.

These include:

Bromelain (400mg)
Wobenzme N (5 tablets three times a day away from meals)
Herbal Therapeutics

Goldenseal (Hydrastis canadensis) vaginal suppositories
Goldenseal/Vitamin A vaginal suppository twice daily
Homeopathic Therapeutics

Aspergillus
Candida
Notatum
Other Treatments

Warm sitz baths with tea tree oil (Melaleuca alternifolia)
Vaginal douching using:

Goldenseal (Hydrastis canadensis)
Oregon Grape Root (Mahonia aqjuifolium)

alot of what of what your discharge smells like is determined by what you eat and the amount of water you drink. it varies over time but those seem to be the two biggest factos for normal V discharge.

I would think excessive toxins can be the culprit. Your body may be working hard to push out the toxins or possible hormonal imbalances. I would if I was in both your situations find a detox clinic that focuses directly on correcting hormonal balances and or seek protocols for lowering your toxic level. Look at your diet. How much sugar and processed foods and drinks do you consume. A woman for health and immune reasons should only consume 6 grams of sugar a day. Good luck and bless you.