I have a OBGYN appt soon and need all advice i can bring with me. I need as much advice as possible. I am DESPERATE for a solution. This is the problem. 

Vaginal odor 13 years. Odor comparable to unwashed for weeks. Very strong. I was checked for fistula and it was negative as well. Tested repeatably. Negative on all infections/STD's every time. Normal regular periods..medium flow. Used HepPhresh and many other odor helpers online. Tried douche, antibiotics, yeast medications. Tried natural remedies. Tried different diets. Drank up to 4 quarts of water daily. Odor is NOT coming from within the vaginal opening. It appears to be coming from the vaginal glands in the vulva area. There is no odor inside of the vaginal hole. Is this a hormonal problem? I am 38. I do not have sex. I have never even had sperm inside me in my entire lifetime. Do we have glands within the vulva area that secretes or releases foul odor comparable to "unwashed behind?" What is the cause and solution to this problem? I had a female friend that went through the same problem for 7 years and suddenly it just went away. DR's ignored her and never found the cause of the problem. At least hers went away but mine continues after 13 long years. Desperate for answers. I have tried Google to find similar problems but none show up. All suggest infections which I do not have.

I have tried HepPhresh, several online/OTC deodorants, douched, feminine wash/wipes. Yeast infection pills/creams/suppositories. Antibiotics. Clean with water only, Clean with soap and water. Changed diet. Drank 4 quarts of water a day. Cotton underwear. No underwear. Showered once daily to 6 times daily.

These two are advice from one is personal experience and the other by a online OBGYN.

(Erica) **I can't believe gynecologists are so stupid about this. I had odor for years, and then I realized it wasn't my vagina at all. I went to so many doctors who said "You don't have an infection. There's nothing wrong with you." and just told me I'd have to live with it. The area that smells bad is actually between your vagina and your anus. There is a gland there that secretes something odorous when you're nervous, sweaty, excited, etc. Bacteria feed on the secretions and sweat, and the odor comes from their waste. If you clean that area periodically throughout the day (with wipes or even with wet toilet paper) the smell will be helped. The best thing I have done, though, is to wipe the area, then spray it with mineral salt deodorant. The salt in the deodorant keeps bacteria from feeding on whatever that gland is secreting, and the odor never even starts. You can order mineral salt spray deodorant from Amazon or get it in the deodorant section at any drugstore or Walmart, etc.  Good luck. This worked for me 100% and finally stopped a lifetime of feeling bad because of odor.**

"OBGYN"DrK99 :

Yes there are glands there that may become infected. The Skenes glands and the periurethral glands are there and may be infected.

DrK99 :

Odor from the skin in that area is likely to be hormonal and similar to strong odor from the underarm area.

DrK99 :

You may respond to a course of antibiotics that is meant for skin infection such as Augmentin. this is used for boils and abcesses in that area.

DrK99 :

Have you tried baby wipes or summers eve feminine wipes. These wipes have ingredients to neutralize this type of odor.

DrK99 :

I do not note that you have tried baking soda baths as well.

JACUSTOMER-5k4okpk0- :

yes, have tried those. Not effective. Odor is overwhelming for anything like those.

DrK99 :

Have you been on a course of oral antibiotic?

JACUSTOMER-5k4okpk0- :

No baking soda baths. Have tried oral antibiotics repeatably.

DrK99 :

You likely need a double course of antibiotic. My next step would be Flagyl twice daily for 3 full weeks in combination with Metrogel which is vaginal Flagyl cream daily for the entire 3 weeks as well.

DrK99 :

This is a long course of antibiotics meant to deliver a very high dose through both the bloodstream and vaginal area to where it is required.

DrK99 :

The baking soda baths are a neutralizing agent and can help significantly.

JACUSTOMER-5k4okpk0- :

You may have the answer with the Augmentin. My friend had similiar problem as me for 7 years, She had boil near her inner thigh. They gave her antibiotics. She couldnt remember the name of it but it cured her problem immediatley.

DrK99 :

I would try that first. Its used for abcess, boil, skin infection and we use it for infected glands. I cannot examine you which is a disadvantage. But you just need to get to a gyn who cares enough to try.

JACUSTOMER-5k4okpk0- :

cured her odor. other antibiotics for BV didnt work for her. just that one prescribed for boil/infection on inner thigh. I'm praying it will work for me. :( I have been seeing Nurse practitioners and they are at a loss and dont offer anything. Will a OBGYN give me the antibiotics?

DrK99 :

Yes, get to a Dr, and not a NP. You just need to find someone caring who is willing to look "out of the box".

DrK99 :

Not everything in gyn is out of the medical text book. Sometimes we must think a little.

JACUSTOMER-5k4okpk0- :

Thank you. Is there any other medication or antibiotic used for my problem as well that you can think of?

DrK99 :

I would think that the two I mentioned are the best start. The three week double course would be my second choice. You can come back to this question any time you need more help

JACUSTOMER-5k4okpk0- :

Thank you! :)

DrK99 :

Sure Have a great day.

Try ultimate vaginal flora support 25 billion from renew life. It helped my odor problem that I have had for years. It is so good that I only took it for a month and it's been almost a year now and odor still under control. Just try it, buy it from eschewed. Hope this helps.

i have the same problem for almost a year i am 23 years old and never have sex but the odor on my vagina is so foul that anyone sitting nexto me will feel it i am so desperate i have tried antibiotics but it did not work somebody please help me i need to stay fresh i am very young i want to live my life but with this foul odor its very hard for me to make friends even at school all my classmate make fun to me most of them look at me as a very nasty women and believe me i don't even even how many times a day i take a shower. somebody please tell what do i need to do

this is the first time I have seen my problem discussed. I feel like a freak. I used to have no odor and smelled clean. My ex husband even commented when we were first married how clean I smelled. I just showered daily with no special care down there. Then about 10 years ago, after my 2nd child was born, everything changed. I stink. And its not the fishy odor you always hear about. Its like you said, like unwashed for weeks. I compare it to "ass or sometimes at its worst "barnyard". I am sooo sick of cleaning myself many times a day. I use baby powder, use wipes dipped in white vinegar, vagisil fem wash, spray deoderant, douches. Everything. Im sick of being down there constantly cleaning. my husband is now my ex largely in part due to my smell. I have had no luck with my ob/gyn who says no signs of infection or stds. I noticed 2 times I was on strong antibiotic for other issues and it cleared up and there was no odor whatsoever. I felt normal again. But short lived. After my gum infection and gallbladder removal antibiotics done, it comes back even worse. Metrogel didnt work. I read some natural healing ideas. I will try. When I get health ins again I will see a new Dr. I will not start dating again until I am cured. My ex has said such cruel things about my odor that it hurts. I wont be intimate again until i am fixed, He has said I have bad hygeine, but he saw me shower constantly and I was always scrubbing down there. But finally, not all bad vag odor is fishy. At least that has a known cure. For us tiny few who just smell bad for no apparent reason, it sucks and is making me feel like a failure as a woman.

I suffered for years with this issue, I recently found Hibiclens in walmart pharmacy. I mix it in a spray bottle half water half Hibiclens, I douched with it a couple of times ( one small squirt per douche)and I spray it in my vaginal area after every shower and let sit for a few minutes, I also use in the anal area for that anal leakage smell. I get a baby wipe spray it and wipe thoroughly after shower and every bowel movement. You may have to experiment to see how much and how many times to wipe. I can now do anything that causes sweating down there and stay odor free all day.

Wash with Hibicleans and do a douche with it diluted.

Have you tried taking big daily doses of refrigerated acidophilus and refrigerated probiotics? My daughter has same problem and these things helped her. Big doses - don't be shy. Won't hurt you.

I have the same exact problem all these woman posting are having. It is truly hard to live your life when you have tried everything you can to keep your vagina smelling clean but no matter what you do it still stinks like s***. What makes matters worse gynecologist are no help. Advice Please!

Some are actually turned on by that smell believe it or not.

Can someone give me a view advises please:( I am so depressed. I have been having vaginal odors for more than ten years. I went to the doctor over 10 times. God I feel like giving up. I dont have any STD, i'm worried this might be cancer. I bleed sometimes with belly pains. Can someone advise me please?

Hibiclens us the answer. Use in the morning during shower and mid day.

I started this thread 4 years ago. I had given up until last Sunday. I found Hibiclens. I was skeptical until I used it. The odor is completely gone. Use during your morning shower. Keep some in a small spray bottle to carry with you during the day but its unlikely you will need it till next day. Make sure you clean both vaginal and anal area with it. Also, clean inner thighs as well.

Sunday. I found Hibiclens. I was skeptical until I used it. The odor is completely gone. Use during your morning shower. Keep some in a small spray bottle to carry with you during the day but its unlikely you will need it till next day. Make sure you clean both vaginal and anal area with it. Also, clean inner thighs as well.

Thank you so much! I started thus thread 4 years ago and gave up. Last sunday i decided to look back on thus and tried your advice. My problem is completely gone now. Total of 17 years wasted but at least I have my life back.

Same problem - heavy vaginal odor daily for 15+ years - ever since menopause!! Been to the doctor so many times I can't count and have had every test run imaginable. Would some type of hormone therapy help?