I have developed bursitis and was told that is caused by abnormal joint position. I experienced pain in joints and swelling. The pain is worsened by moving and touching the affected joint. How long it may take to bursitis to go away? What medications are used in this condition?

My mother had bursitis a year ago. She got prescriptions for antibiotics and certain pain killers, like NSAIDs. I remember that she also used heat applications and that that helped. As I know, bursitis may go on its own. Her bursitis was induced by incorrect posture. Physical therapy is very helpful.

I have bursitis of the hip and if the pain is interrupting your sleep you can have cortizone directly injected into the affected joint. The pain is reduced as well as the swelling. My pain and swelling have not returned for 3 months.