Hello, I would like to hear some advice regarding my health condition. I have been diagnosed with chronic prepatellar bursitis and I will have to undergo a strict therapy because of that. Still, to eliminate any doubt concerning the diagnose I will have to undergo bursectomy evaluation. What kind of procedure is that?

I assume that we are talking about artroscopic bursectomy and it is a procedure that will help the doctors determine what is really going on inside the joint. It also might be used to fix some disorders in that area, if possible. If it is only for diagnostics, then small incision will be made on skin surrounding the joint and small instrument with lens equipped will be inserted into joint to inspect the structure.

Okay, I am grasping and curious, hayes375, did you ever have the bursectomy? If so, what kind of procedure was performed, and how was the outcome?

Thanks!