I have seen 2 different doctors and a physical therapist. All 3 come up with different a diagnosis. At this point I am leaning toward the PT's diagnosis, as she actually spent a whole hour with me, where the doctor's have spent a total of five minutes with me.

Who do you believe when you are getting differing opinions. The only thing they have agreed on is that the pain that I have is in my lower right back.

With my background, I believe the one who comes closest to what I think is going on with me. What have the 3 differing opinions been?

PT sez L3 and L4 are out of alignment, along with a hip flexor (this is the one opinion I agree with)

Doc 1, acute back strain

Doc 2, muscle cramp

Doc 1, acute back strain

Doc 2, muscle cramp

OK, I'm confused about this. You said you pulled/strained/tore some muscles in your back (sorry can't remember the exact phrase). So, on that, I would go along with the two Docs.
It's the hip flexor thing that I don't understand. I mean, I understand how injuring a hip flexor can cause some over-compensation in your stance/walking, which could cause some of the lumbar vertabrae to mis-align. But did you pull a hip flexor? You say you have pain on the right side of your back, in the lower part. Which still confuses me about the hip flexor thing.
And does your PT disagree with the diagnosis of the Dr. who prescribed the physical therapy?

I'm be confused too. Perhaps all three are working with slightly different information, given that you spent varying amounts of time with each.

How EXACTLY did the injury happen ie did you turn, did you fall under load, how did you fall?. Is the pain sharp, is it dull, does it radiate through the butt area and/or down leg? Is your ROM (range of motion) inhibited in your right leg? Does the pain level change when the leg is abducted? Is the pain worse or better with exercise/movement? Does the pain stay in the same place with exercise/movement? Is the hip and/or back more painful when palpated? Is the pain worse or better in the morning?

And after you answer all these questions i still probably won't know, but someone else might .

First off neither of the doctors that I have seen are my primary doctors, they are whom I am required to see because they specialize in work place injuries.

Basically what happened is last Thursday morning I lifted a 90 pound (40.9 kilo Rache) by his ankle while my partner lifted him by his shoulders, I was standing like this when I lifted him
Left Foot: |
Right Foot: /

and I twisted to my left to put him on the stretcher, that is when I felt the pain in my lower right side of my back.

The pain now is a dull pain, and sometimes if after sitting awhile my right leg and toosh get a little tingly.

Doctor 1, I saw 24 hours after the injury and he did a quick assesment, had me move my leg up in the air to check for a herniated disc, and prescribed the physical therapy. He said it was an L/S strain?

Doctor 2, I saw yesterday as a follow up, and it was a 5 minute assesment, I was mostly pain free yesterday just more discomfort than anything, he seems to think it is something in the sacro something.

PT: had me do all kinds of range of motion stuff, and worked me up pretty good, she found the misalignment, and also suggested the hip flexor based on the way that I lifted the patient. She was actually able to show me exactly how I lifted him without me describing.

I rode the bike again this morning and I am a little bit sorer than I was yesterday. A dull pain.

As for the morning, more stiff than anything, PT has me sleeping with a pillow between my legs which makes me more comfortable.

Greg, how is your back now?

I have had some thoughts on this, but if you are healing well then you can assume that you are on the right track :) .

Greg, how is your back now?

Getting better, today has been the best day that I have had yet. Went to my family doctor tonight (for an unrelated appointment) and we chatted about this and see no reason to alter what I am already doing.

One thing though this injury and my limp associated with aggravated the trunc something burstitis in my left leg. He wants me to see an Orthopaedic surgeon, for a follow through. He thinks I may need a cortizone shot but is deferring this to the OS. He also noticed some stuff going on with my right knee. Damn this sucks, I am 34, I shouldn't be falling apart yet. Calling the OS tomorrow for an appointment.

One thing though this injury and my limp associated with aggravated the trunc something burstitis in my left leg. He wants me to see an Orthopaedic surgeon, for a follow through. He thinks I may need a cortizone shot but is deferring this to the OS. He also noticed some stuff going on with my right knee. Damn this sucks, I am 34, I shouldn't be falling apart yet. Calling the OS tomorrow for an appointment. I'm at work so I don't have any reference materials here, but i'm sure someone will correct me if i get it wrong.... I wonder if he is talking about bursitis in the greater trochanter (GT) area ie around the hip bone area. Same general area as hip flexor...The bursa is a fluid filled sac, "itis" means inflammation, hence bursitis. Please do some research before having a cortisone shot - in my opinion they should only be used as a last resort for a chronic injury, never as an early option - they can have side effects. Also, while corticosteroids are a powerful anti-inflammatory, they tend to treat the problem rather than the cause. I would suggest you explore both cause of injury and risks associated with side effects of cortisone with the OS. The bursitis may have come about due to your altered gait. It could be causing the IT band to "flick" across the GT, causing aggravation and inflammation. This isn't uncommon in people who pronate, and often it is difficult to differentiate bursitis from ITBS - some argue they are the same thing. The IT band inserts just below the knee and around the GT, and these are the areas where pain is often felt. If your medical team okays it, the best stretch I have found for this area is where you lie on your back, bring your left knee to your chest. Put your left hand on the lateral side of your left knee, and reach over grasp your left ankle with your right hand. Gently pull your knee across towards your right shoulder and hold. You should feel the stretch down your butt, hip and leg. This stretch might help the tingling feeling too if you are still getting that - it is often effective with piriformis conditions. As with all things medical, ask questions and keep asking until you get answers you understand if necessary .

Great answer, Rache! Beautifully said. And I agree 100% about that cortisone shot.

Thank you ladies, you have been very helpful.

Family doctor was suggesting the cortisone but think the Ortho would be better suited to answer better. I have seen this guy before (ortho) so I trust his opinion.

You guys are great thanks again! :D