I am 22 yo M and suffer from the pain over the outside of the upper thigh. So, I was diagnosed with hip bursitis. I`m a runner and my doctor told me that hip bursitis is most commonly seen in runners. Anyway, I would like to hear something about physical therapy for hip bursitis.

Hi, Hip bursitis is a common problem and its` symptoms can be really painful. Also, it is the common problem among athletes and runners. The best treatment is rest. Rest from sport or other activities that aggravate the symptoms. Also, you have anti-inflammatory meds, such as Motrin and Aleve. They are helpful for the pain. Icing the problem area help alleviate th esymptoms. Drainage of the bursa, cortisone injection, stretching and physical therapy are also your options. Physical therapy is very useful for persons diagnosed with hip bursitis. The therapist can help develop a proper stretching and exercise program. Surgery is rarely needed for hip bursitis.