Hi. I feel pain in my hip and right leg. Sometimes my back hurts. I didn`t have any hip fracture. I am 57 years old. I feel pain every time I get up from my chair, or when I climb stairs. What could be the cause of my hip pain?

Hi. People with hip pain sometimes feel back pain. Fracture of hip is one of two most common causes of hip and leg pain. The other possible cause is aseptic necrosis, or insufficient blood flow to the hip. Aseptic necrosis can occur if you have been on steroids. It can also happen if you suffer from sickle cell anemia. There are, however, some other causes of hip pain. These causes include arthritis, trochanteric bursitis, tendonitis, strain, low back pain and infection. I should say trochanteric bursitis is an inflammation of the bursa placed on the outside of the hip joint. So, with this condition you can feel pain when you get up from your chair, walk, drive, or climb stairs.

New Member
I'm very new to this pain I broke my hip a week ago and had it fixed I need help though all of this if there are people out there to help me PLEASE