I have been helping my friend to move some furniture. While we were moving his bed down the stairs I have slide and fall. I have felt that something is not good. I had terrible pain in my back. Doctor has told me that I have foraminal disc protrusion on C5-6. He said that I he will have to operate. Can anybody tell me something about this surgery?

At the beginning I could tell you that the surgery is the best option. Common rest and relaxation is not the best solution because the pain could get chronic. The procedure consists of removing some part of vertebrae from behind to decompress the nerves. You will fell the pain relief right after the surgery. You can go home two or three days after the surgery.