I had a neck fusion in 2005, I just found out that my neck is not fused and it was probally not a good fusion from the beginning. My new dr did a cat scan that confirmed that my neck was not fused the hardware is there but no fusion. Is it possible that the hardware could come loose? or not be stable because i had a hard fall at work and my neck is very sore and my throat feels like i have a large knot in it and it is very sore to swallow. It feels like it did after i had the surgery!!!!!!!! thanks Linda

Hi Linda,

I have read most of the posts in this thread and I only saw one post I think where the hardware came loose. His fusion did not take and for some reason he only had one screw on the top and one on the bottom. I don't remember if there were any in the middle, but he was told his hardware swiveled due to the single screws and they came loose.

So I suppose it is possible. To me it sounds like something has happened and you need to see your doctor.

Good luck.

I had my fusion almost 2 yrs now.  I am still in alot of pain. I have numbness on one side of my face. this is not what i expected.