Hello! I’m 39 and I’m thinking of having knee replacement procedure for I have this terrible pain in my knee. I have walking difficulties, I hate going up and down the stairs for the pain am not even able to get up from the chair normally. So I think that knee replacement procedure would help me but would like to hear some more info about knee replacement procedure.

Well, if you have such pain in your knee than knee replacement procedure might help you. My 59 years old mom had knee replacement surgery 10 weeks ago and she has recovered ok within 7 or 8 weeks and she’s out now driving a car. Of course it isn’t that much easy meaning that within the recovery period you’ll have to behave as you were advised by your doc. That means you’ll have to follow some regular steps after surgery in order to maintain the best possible results regarding your recovery period. My mom actually had a problem with her knee joint that was running out of kneecap. Now she has this artificial knee that is able to imitate the knee movements and she’s pretty happy with the results. If you decide to have knee replacement procedure you’ll be examined first by doing x-rays of your knee and than you’ll have further medical exams including blood and urine test and of course on the day of the surgery you’ll be given total anesthesia or maybe local anesthesia but you won’t feel any pain. Anyway knee replacement procedure doesn’t last longer than two hours and you’ll stay in hospital for about a week or so. I remember my mom had to move her ankle and foot to make blow flow goes up so it will make go away the possible swelling. In following few weeks you’ll have to follow the exercise program advised by your doc and remember don’t miss exercises for they’re extremely important part of knee replacement procedure post op.