I have calcium deposits under my eyes - I got them when I was pregnant with child number one. They a large bumps but when I press them I can feel something hard like bone inside. I have 3 on my left eye and 1 on my right which has gotten a lot smaller and less noticable after I had my baby. My left eye however got worse when I was pregnant with my 2nd child. Is this something to do with my diet? I don't want the bumbs to get any bigger and they are quite itchy. I was wondering if cutting out dairy would help? Or could it possibly be drinking too much hard water?

Is there any treatment a doctor could provide? Or any vitamins I could take to lessen them?

Thanks

Hello, I also had calcium deposits under my eyes, I know how much annoying this could be. Before I found out what it actually was, I always thought it was the sign of my tiredness and that I needed more sleep. But then a friend of mine told me I have calcium deposits, she was familiar with this problem so she recognized them. She told me these are caused by overexposure to dairy products such as milk and cheese and recommended that I don’t take them. It was hard for me though, but it really helped. Maybe you should also try that, it worked for me.
I was relieved when I heard how many women have problems with calcium deficiencies.I thought it was only me having calcium deposits under my eyes, it reall made me depressed. So you also don’t be desperate, you just make some changes in your diet and everything will turn out good!

I just had a calcium deposit removed from under my eye lid,the Doc. said this was caused by long durations of keeping your eyes opened which therefore kept me from getting proper lubrication to the eyes causing the calcium to settle and build up into small dots or little pimples..

but what does this make the calciums depots go away

You need proper lubrication of the eyes. My Eye Dr. gave me optiva eye drops 4 times a day. You can buy these at wal-mart. According to the Dr. hormones and age can cause this. Sometimes you just dont produce enough tears. If your hormones are off then you dont produce enough moisture in your eyes. :-D

My dermatologist told me it was from using too much lotion around my eyes. That the excessive lotion gets under the delicate skin around your eyes and hardens, causing the white bumps. At the time, I was definitely using a lot of eye cream and lotion - so she was probably right. She removed them by poking them with a needle and squeezing them out.

I got a couple more later on. I poked them with a sterile needle and squeezed them out myself (I'm more aware of my pain levels than the dermatologist so this worked better for me).

I lessened the amount of lotion and it's not too much of a problem now :-).

The dairy thing is BS. I get them once in a while and I don't eat dairy because I'm allergic. The excessive lotion is very logical and makes the most sense.

I think the bumps are caused from dairy products (i.e. cholesterol levels).

I have been annoyed for months with my calcium deposit on my eyelid. I had no idea how to get this THING to go away. I thought I was going to have to go to the dr to have it removed and then I came across your answer. I did what you said you had done with the sterile needle and then sqeezing the deposit out. And much to my surprise it is GONE!! Thank you so much, I have more self confindence now. :)

These are 2 different ailments that are being talked about here. One is the under eye bumps, that are not as noticeable as the calcium deposits. The calcium deposits look just like whiteheads, the under eye bumps are not as severe. Again, these are 2 different ailments and should not be confused with each other.

I have calcium deposits as well. I dont drink milk except in cereal once in a while. I wonder if it's lack of dairy?

Me too! I did the same!