My father has been coughing up what turned out to be small calcium balls. He said it is very painful when this happens?

Does your father suffer from constrictive pericarditis or he has problems with his heart?

What did his doctors say about these calcium balls?

As far as I know, calcium deposits can be found in the pericardium using x-rays in patients who suffer from constrictive pericarditis where the cause hasn’t been found. The presence of calcium deposits usually points out the fact that the condition has been present for quite some time.

I would be good if you gave me additional info about your father’s condition and asked a few questions, so I can understand what exactly you would like to know.

Hello there,

So I can see that you never gave additional information to the poster above me. But anyway I am going to ask what has happened afterwards. Did you find out what was your father coughing up? And what was the diagnosis that doctor has determined? And of course how about the treatment?

I hope that you will answer to my questions, because I was browsing the net and I couldn’t find not one related link. Thank you in advance.