I just came back from the clinic. I am shocked! My doctor told me that I am having calcium deposits in lungs. This is the first time I heard something like that. What doest it mean? Is that normal or totally uncommon?

If you have been diagnosed with calcium deposits in the lungs, it may be beneficial to review the radiographic studies with your physician. He would determine the cause of the calcifications. Calcium may be deposited in the lungs or in the lining of the lungs and usually indicates that there was an infection or other inflammatory process within the lungs. As a result of the inflammation calcium was deposited. Deposition also occurs in the lining of the lung after inflammatory processes including infections, bleeding, and air in the pleural space.

I'm a 43 year old mother of two girls. I'm petite and have never been a heavy smoker before. But the past two years I have been smoking about a pack a day. My husband is up late at night and he hears me coughing in my sleep all night long. So I went to see my primary care physician, he sent me for a chest x-ray. I had the x-ray 3 days ago. Tonight his secretary called me to tell me they found calcium on my lungs, like you. Now tomorrow I have an appointment with a pulmonary doctor. The secretary says the doctor said it dosn't look like anything serious but he still wants to take the proper precautions, and get some more tests done and also send me in for another chest x-ray, cause at the time of the chest x-ray I had a cold.
Tell me what does your doctor say it can be from and how serious is it, cause it's really freaking me out, does calcium on the lungs have anything to do with lung cancer?
I am very worried, do you have any info. or advice to share with me.

Thanks in advance
Lisa

ps you can also e-mail me privately at _[removed]_ :(

GOOGLE , Histoplasmosis . But lots of things can cause Calcium in the Lungs.