Hi, folks. I know several persons who are in constant trouble with the authorities. Some of them are diagnosed Antisocial Personality Disorder. I know that treatment is very difficult and often shows no results. I wonder whether this disorder can be prevented. What do you think? I would really like to hear your opinion.

Hi, there. Antisocial Personality Disorder is caused by inheritance and environmental factor. It can be influenced on environment. This disorder usually has roots in early adolescence. There are some methods that can be regarded as preventive ones. Those are: clear rules for discipline, minimizing academic failures, being consistent in sanctioning bad behavior, etc. The kid should be taught to be tolerant to others. Of course, you should talk to the kids and show understanding and interests for their problems. I hope I‘ve helped. Bye!