I am so desperate! My sister is 53 years old and she has just been diagnosed with breast cancer! Biopsy was performed couple of days before and the results were done today. Can a biopsy be wrong? Are doctors to blame? I am just not sure how to help her, if I can at all…

The best thing would be for you to calm down now. Your sister will most probably need your full support and I don’t think it would be wise for her to see you panicking. I assume that additional tests will be done, or you might even request that by yourselves, and if the results are the same, I guess that a battle for her health will begin soon after. And it can be won!

Hi there,
The fact is that biopsy can be wrong but this happens really rarely. I think that in most cases the biopsy is correct, and there really has to be some malfunction that the biopsy can show false positive. However there are other diagnosing methods that she can confirm that she really has cancer. Can you tell me more about her symptoms? Have you noticed any weight problems or if she noticed any breast pain? Also you have to understand that the cancer can be treated and I think that the doctors will choose the best possible option for your sister. I hope this helped you in any way.
Best wishes,
Marco