Can you tell me what the exact symptoms of kleptomania are? My friend claims that his sister is kleptomaniac abut I just don' believe it; I just think she likes to take stuff that don't belong to her. Still, I would not like to jump to conclusions early, so I guess I would have to wait for some response here.

Well, I guess you will have to give us some more info on her. Is she already suffering from some personal disorder? Usually, people that are kleptomaniac, have some sort of condition, some behavior disorder. Also, stuff stolen are really small, paper clips, toys, remotes etc. Some of them have „favorite“ theft object! Anyway, it is treatable with therapies and medicaments.

Hi there,
The thing with kleptomania is that it is hard to diagnose it in people because people with this condition usually avoid thinking that they need any help. In most cases they will not search for help because they feel embarrassed by the fact that they steal things. The thing that you steal things that you don’t really need but you just can’t fight the urge not to take some item is mostly the main symptom of kleptomania. Now can you tell me why your friend thinks that his sister is kleptomaniac? This is complex disorder which needs to be managed. She can end up arrested and she can have many problems in life.
Best wishes,
Marco