I am 15 and my boyfriend is 18 Please help im so scared that i gave my bf an infection he donsent have signs but i have more vaginal discharge than normal latley and a bad odor that follows theres no itching or swelling though.....we have had unprotected sex mutiple times and i didnt know i had a problem until now and i dont know if i gave it to him so please help!!!! i havent been to the doctors yet but i have an appt. soon and my mom got me a cream 3 day kit thats suposed to get it under control and all signs point to a bacterial vaginosis so if thats what it is can he get that from me?

Hi, well i had unprotected sex with a girl i new nothing about...very stupid i know. Unfortunetly i did get a bacterial infection from her, but was treated with a clotrimazole anti-fungal cream. so yes it is possible to pass on a bacterial infection to your partner. Just practice safe sex and it should be fine. GOOD LUCK.

HI...just wanted to clarify...clotrimazole is used to treat fungal infections, not bacterial ones.....so that would have more than likely been a yeast infection.

I have been doing alot of research w this and so far they say you cant pass a bv to a male partner...

:-D I have had bv numerous times and my gyno said that it is not possible to pass it to your male partner. I thought maybe we were passing it back and forth, but she said it's not possible.

Bacterial infection does not require a cream, it requires an antibiotic. If anything, you got a yeast infection from her.