one of my daughter's friends has asked me about yeast infections... she seems to have one. her mother gave her a tube of clotrimazole 1% foot cream to apply to the outside of her vaginal opening. i 'm concerned with her using a foot cream. is that safe or should we buy her some monistat?

I would like to know also, A lady I spoke to at Woman health told me to get Clotrimazole and when I went to the store to get it, it was the Athlet's Foot cure...So I guess that's it.

Yes you can use the clotrimazole 1% antifungal cream on the outside of the vagina. My doctor prescribed an anti fungal cream for my daughter but her insurance didn't cover it because it is sold over the counter. The Pharmacy told me I can use clotrimazole 1% on her. It works.

clotrimazole is anti-fungal medication, which means it could help with most of the common fungal infections, including yeast infections! There are even vaginal capsules clotrimazole which are prescribed for the most common vaginal yeast infections, when there is a presence of a vaginal discharge as well as itchiness. the cream could be used for men too.

you can also use it for fungal infections in the mouth

Yes it works, I used it on my labia majors and it stopped the itching. I think I infected myself shaving. It was an intense itching just there n two dark spots. I even went to the doctor about it. They didn't know what it was but it wasn't a std or anything.

Does it really work

Clotrimazole is the official trearment for candida yeast infections. This is known as thrush when in the vagina, athletes foot when on the feet, etc. The pharmacuetical companies are sneaky. All anti fungal creams for candida are identical except some have cortizone or some other ingredient to provide a dual action. I have in front of me canesten 3 day cream for vagina thrush. The ingreduents aee identical to my tube of foot fungus cream. I did some research and they are all identical but packaged for specific treatments just to make money. Its similar to how you can buy neurofen in headache tablets, osteo pain tablets, sinus pain tablets and the regular nurofen even though they are all the same thing: 200mg ibuprofen. Its just marketing. Im saving my tube things and sterilising them so next time i can just use the foot or broad spectrum version which is way cheaper

It says not to use it in the nouth or eyes. Gentian violet is better for the mouth

Yes. Yes, yes, yes, yes. Yes, and YES. I have used athletes foot cream, 1% clotrimazole on outside of genitalia for vaginal itching including attaching an applicator to insert it internally. Covering a finger with the cream and applying it by running the finger around the sides of the vaginal will work in a pinch if I don't have my insert applicator. I do this anytime I have a yeast infection. Don't be shocked if your first menstrual cycle after treatment is abnormally heavy. It's not uncommon; I've had a 14 day long menstrual cycle after curing a heavy case of yeast I developed from a steroid prescription that resulted in sepsis, a hospital stay, and three different antibiotics. After treatment with the clotrimazole, reestablishment of healthy bacteria is suggested. If you can't get the premade probiotic suppositories, make one out of plain unflavored Greek yogurt and use this for 3 days following the seven day clotrimazole cure. Your reproductive tract will thank you.

All antifungal creams are NOT identical;.. there is MICONAZOLE, CLOTRIMAZOLE,...etc. Also, yeast(candida) in the vagina is NOT called THRUSH! Yeast (candida) in the MOUTH is THRUSH.

In England they do call vaginal yeast infections thrush

What is urs terbinafine hydrochloride cream....can I use that? Its also a anti fungal foot cream

Hi Guest

It would probably be better to use a product that is for the vagina and that is designed for treating the problem you have.
The product you mentioned for foot cream could be too strong to apply on the vagina.
Much better to use a product that your sure of.

I'm Wondering The Same thing...