For the last 2 months I have found quite a big red patch around my pubic area, which dry skin seems to come from and I'm really worried as to what it could be.

It does get itchy at times, but maybe thats just me being paranoid as it isn't too often.

I also have 2 marks, 1 on each side of each leg. Which I can only describe to look like stretch marks although im sure they aren't, and they are right next to my pubic area quite thing and about an inch long.

Apart from nothing really, no pains of any sort or anything I can think of.

I have not yet had myself checked out, but am now seriously considering it.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Seems like you have a BACTERIAL problem.Its a FUNGAL growth.See your GP-He/SHE.. will prescribe ANTI FUNGAL creams.Causes:If YOU or another family member have used/share a towel after bathing.The bacterial infection is passed on via the towel. Athletes foot.If towel used to dry the feet is then used in genital area,the Bacterial infection(athletes foot) will spread via the towel and THRIVE THERE.It thrives around the groin area because its a FUNGUS,Microscopic bacteria....Body heat.Skin is allways moist there etc.Bacteria thrives.ordinary Soap etc WILL not get rid of it. ANTI FUNGAL CREAM(S) do.Also..just use 1 towel per person.Isolate etc...Infection once treatment starts,KEEP to the 1 towel etc.Same for partner.Wash Socks/undergarments regularly.Once everything is "sterile" again.Problem eliminated.Check YOU/Partner for athletes foot problem.Rectify THAT too,otherwise...problem just circulates.Symptoms subside within days using cream.No pain,no irritation.If not treated..it WILL spread via towels etc.. Embarrassment& Frustration will continue.Shower is best for washing.Sharing bath water is not recommended till infection cleared 100%.METHS can be used to bathe skin..then apply cream(sterilises the skin)..Bacteria dies.Cream moistens and kills off remaining bacteria.Within days the skin will look normal.Redness dissapears.PROBLEM GONE.Bacteria IS natural.all over the body...but sometimes it gets out of hand.If it RE OCCURS see GP.Different cream etc.

Bacteria are microscopic animals, fungi are plants - it has to be one or the other, they're not the same. It sounds like a mild fungal infection to me.