Hi my name is beena.for three months I have been dealing with nervousness shortness of breath and dizziness. I saw my general practitioner .i saw my cardiologist .i had chest xtrays done . I had and ecg an echo and thyroid test everything came back perfectly fine.so I feel your pain. Its really frustrating.

"Xanax" also known in the generic brand as Alprazolam YOU MUST SEE A DOCTOR TO GET THIS .....start off with the lowest dose, 0.5 mg, but try only 1/2 of that or make sure you can take a nap because you will get very sleepy. This is the only real anxiety medication out there, believe me I know....one other thing...it is a narcotic and very addictive, so talk to a doctor about it, but I am 50 and it is the ONLY thing that has helped for my really bad generalized anxiety disorder!!! Good Luck

Anxiety beena, that is what you have and you are NOT alone.....I have it so bad that I have problems breathing on a daily basis for hours and hours and sometimes all day long.......sometimes my xanax doesn't even help.....what your experiencing is the beginning of a long battle. If you do not learn to control this right now my using your own thoughts to calm you down, you will have a long hard road ahead. Tell yourself..."This nervousness I am feeling, I am causing it with my thoughts and fears, it isn't really there, not if I won't let it be" thoughts like that will help you. Nip it in the bud now kiddo or Im hear to tell you, it can ruin your life...YOU CAN DO THIS!!! Good Luck!!!!!!!!!! :))))

I know you posted over a year ago, I was just wondering if things have improved? I suffer from GAD, I left a stressful and abusive marriage about a year ago. My shortness of breath seems to show up without a direct anxious connection...almost like a pimple 6 weeks after eating chocolate...it hangs around for a while and disappears again...at least it has in the past. I've been having the breathing difficulties for about 2 months this time around. I take .25mg zanax when I get tired of dealing with it.

Does xanax 0.25 works for you ?

The odds that you'll see this or reply are short to none lol but I am hopeful:) I've dealt with SOB for just under 3 months now. I quit smoking because of it and Dr says it's anxiety nothing wrong with lungs. How was yours like??

You still see this??

I feel your pain, and I hope life is better for you now. I, too, lost my love. His birthday is tomorrow, and I have had this crazy shortness of breath. It' been the past 3 months, starting with the anniversary of his death. Most likely anxiety. Your post helped me realize that.

Nursing student, asthmatic, and anxiety diagnosed over here. From personal experience I can tell that there is a relation between stress/anxiety and respiratory issues. This week I began my clinical practicum on a med/surg unit and it was a stressful situation getting oriented to the floor. I could tell when I woke up on the first day that I was gonna struggle. I felt dyspneic (short of breath) and tight chested. I also have dry mouth from anxiety so that on top of this dyspnea was not a pleasant experience.
In the past I was told by a respiratory therapist that I was breathing dysfunctionally. Basically you are not utilizing your diaphragm properly to pull sufficient air into your lungs. It happens to me when I am stressed or anxious and I have to remind myself to take deep breaths and focus on something else for a while. It usually helps. I was really depressed because I basically felt tight chested and like I couldn't get a full breath for about a year. It was awful. I retrained myself how to deep breathe and it has helped alot.

I suffered with shortness of breath for 3 years and searched forums like this for 3 years. I thought I was going to die or from reading on the Internet, kill my self. I was hopeless. I am 35 male and am happily married with 2 kids. It hit me when I was 32. STOP reading and go to the doctor and get lexapro or similar. Stop searching and do it. Trust me you will get better. My life is 100% back and it was almost gone. Do it. Don't worry about the horror stories you read about antidepressants. The meds are fine. I've been 1 year anxiety free. I gained 5 lbs and still love to make love to my wife. My life is back and yours can be to. Make your doctors appointment now and stop thinking about it. Trust me.

Hi how are you doing

Ty I needed reassurance

I have the same as you, sometimes I can hardly breathe, then I can have a Panic attach where I nearly choke, I have had severe Gerd, because I cannot blow into the Spirometer, and I was a previous smoker, the Medical Doctors put it down as emphysema, but because I have Crohns disease for 40 years, I think it is Chronic Acidity probably causing anxiety, I am at my wits end, cannot do much cannot carry anything cant walk that far.

I hear you i have decided this is no life like this i cant sleep in bed now sit up in a chair and am so breathless i can hardly walk more then a few steps during an attack I find it hard to believe my mind is doing this to me I need some one to help me I do hope you have found the answer.

Hello. I know you posted this over a year ago.. but I hope you'll reply to my comment. I have been feeling like I can't breathe 24/7 for almost 2 months now and it's torture! Right when the whole feeling of suffocation started happening it was right after I got exposed to mold and I also had a panick attack that same night. I'm really not sure if this is anxiety cause I do have really bad anxiety or if this is mold poisoning. I'm about to get some blood work done to see if they can see what's wrong but if it's anxiety thru won't see anything. I've been to the ER 3 times and everytime they say it's anxiety. But it's 24/7. This is torture and I feel like I'm suffocating ALL THE TIME sometimes I just wish I'd die cause the discomfort is so bad. Idk if this is anxiety but it sounds like others have had these symptoms and I guess this caluld be. Eithet way, if it's mold or really bad anxiety, I need it to go away. I just wanna know if anyone has gotten better and how you got better. Thanks