experiencing red, swollen eye, every 2 to 3 mos. has been checked out by opthalmologist. bump will not go away on my eyelid. what more can be done?

What you probably have is called a "stye." I have one under my left eyelid and have yet to report to my local optomotrist/opthamologist to have it drained. Basically, it's a pimple or abcess under your eyelid and is unlikely to go away by itself. Because of it's location it has to be drained by a doctor. Good Luck! ;-)

Hi there,
The bump that you have is most like a chalazion. The fact is that these bumps are more of esthetic problem then medical. In most cases they do not interfere with the vision but they tend to swell and cause a big lump on your eye. The thing that you can do is to keep your eyes clean as much as possible. Also you can try to apply the warm pressure to the eye and try to gently massage the bump on the eyelid. In some cases you might need medical attention to drain the bump but in most cases this is not necessary. I hope this helped you in any way.

All the best,
Danella