Hi. I have problems with my eyes. My eyes are red and irritated, and I have some white-yellow discharge coming out of them. My eyelids are swollen. What do to with my swelling, red, irritated eyes? What could that mean?

Hi. I also had some trouble with my eyes, and the symptoms were exactly the same, eyelids swelling, pink and irritated eye, white, thick discharge. I was diagnosed with conjunctivitis. I was prescribed with some eye drops, sodium cromoglycate and antibiotics. Some other possible causes of eyelid swelling are insect bite, meds, eyelid injury, blunt trauma, blepharitis, chalazion, stye, allergies, dacryocystitis, herpes, thyroid gland disorders, and even kidney disorders.

Hi there,
I think that this is a very serious problem and you can’t leave this condition untreated. You have to understand that every discharge from the eyes might be caused by infection of the eyes. Also this can be caused by herpes or by gonorrhea. As you can see this is very serious problem so my advice is to see a doctor and to check this out as soon as possible. Also have you tried to use any medication to get rid of this? Have you noticed any problems with the vision? You need to clean your eyes as soon as possible to avoid any further vision problems. I hope this helped in any way.

All the best,
Danella