I woke up this morning to my upper eye lid swollen and painfull. When I look under my eye lid I noticed a small bump. This is the second time this has happened. What causes this?

Hi there, there are multiple causes for cysts in the eye and it's hard to say exactly what it is. Most important question to ask--are you male or female? It could be caused by eye makeup, so that's one thing to bear in mind. Let me know, okay?

I am a female and have 2 cysts on my left eyeball.

Hi there,
Eye cysts are also known as chalazion. They are swellings that can form on the eyelid. They are inflammatory problem. Inflammation is usually present on the oil gland of the eyelid. The fact is that they usually do not need any treatment because they tend to go away on their own. Now you can try to wash your eye with warm water in order to speed up the process. You can also try to put some warm pressure on your swollen eye in order to have the cyst go away faster. But you have to be patient and the cyst will go away in few days.

All the best,
Danella

my cyst has been there for over a year now

What to do about an eye cyst