Hello, folks. My friend has been diagnosed with kidney tumor. I think it is discovered in some advanced stage. I wonder if the ultrasound can discover a kidney tumor at all. I am really worried about my friend. Can anyone tell me something more about this? Your help will be more than welcomed.

Hi, there. Ultrasound is a very useful method. It can relieve kidney tumor. Of course, it has to be of certain dimensions. Ultrasound can differ cystic masses from solid ones. However, there are other useful methods as well. X-ray methods with contrast can be helpful. Nuclear medicine methods are also useful. I hope this helps. Bye!

Hello there,

Since your good friend is diagnosed with this terrible disease it would be good that you as a support find out something more about his condition. First of all the most common type of kidney cancer is renal cell carcinoma and I presume that this is what your friend is suffering from.

Unfortunately doctors still don’t know what is causing renal cell carcinoma but it is possible that this cancer is diagnosed early so the spreading to the other organs is prevented.

Imaging tests will allow your friend’s doctor to visualize a kidney tumor. The imaging tests which were performed in your friends were probably ultrasound, computerized tomography (known as a CT) or magnetic resonance imaging (known as MRI).

I hope that your friend is going to get better.