Hello. My neighbor was at the doctor’s several days ago and he was found pleural mesothelioma. I know that it is a form of cancer and I am worried about him. Is it possible for this kind of cancer to be cured? I certainly hope so. What do you think? I will appreciate it very much.

Hi, there. Pleural mesothelioma is indeed a form of malignant tumor. It is usually discovered in advanced stages, so one cannot hope for some real cure. Its treatment can consist of surgery, chemotherapy, radiation and clinical trials. Surgery is usually used to remove the symptoms and signs that are a result of cancer spreading. Chemotherapy can be used before surgery (neoadjuvant chemotherapy) or after surgery (adjuvant therapy). Some people decide to go to clinical trials. One should talk to the doctor and see all treatment options before making his/her mind. I hope your neighbor will be all right. Good luck!

I am not sure if your neighbour is above 50 years, as this deadly cancer is mostly found in elderly people. If he has been exposed to asbestos for long time then say after 20 years this cancer starts to show up in an individual. It's difficult to say if it can be cured or not. It will depend upon a person's ability to withstand the disease. But it's not like it can't be cured at all. there is always a hope.

visit : mesothelioma.greatreview.info