Hello! My sister has a three years old daughter. She is her first and long expected child. I have two teenagers and I am rather experienced with children. The problem is my sister’s daughter has a vocabulary of only few words. Generally she is very sweet, healthy and clever child. I talk to my sister often but she thinks her daughter is too small to speak more words. I am afraid she doesn’t want to face the problem. She doesn’t want to take her to the doctor. Since I go to my chiropractor regularly maybe I can take the child with me since I heard chiropractic therapy could improve speech delays.

Hi! You are right. A three year old child should know much more words. Normally, she should be able to make short sentences at that age. Your sister has to take her to see the pediatrician first. She should have her hearing formally tested in order to find the cause for her speech delay. Chiropractic therapy could be useful for her overall condition, but I think chiropractic therapy is primarily used to treat musculoskeletal problems. I have read many articles where stated that chiropractic stimulates the brain area and helps in speech delays but I would prefer a direct therapy with a speech specialist. You may combine chiropractic and standard treatment. I think this is the best approach.