Hello, I need some help with determining the difference between the juvenile and the adult dermatomyositis. My kid has been diagnosed with the juvenile d., and the doctor said that he should be fine in no time. Still, I have heard that there is also an adult version of this illness and I am afraid that he might get affected by that condition too. Is there a danger that it might happen?

I think that you should not worry at all. I mean, just the names of those conditions are enough for you to realize the main difference. The adult version really is dangerous, but your kid does not have it. And the most important thing is that he will really be fine in only a couple of days, after the steroid therapy.

You answer is absolutely NOT correct! Kids are not fine a few days after steroid therapy. My daughter has this disease. It took several months of PT and all kinds of medication to get her JM in remission (including a chemo drug). If you are still looking for more info google Cure JM, it will be a very valuable resource!