Hi guys. My husband had heart attack three days ago. I was really like crazy but now he is fine. He is still in the hospital but I believe that they will let him go home in a couple of days. He needs to be still, he needs to eat properly and he needs to breathe properly. Those are the words of his doctor. When I asked him what proper breathing means, he told me that he needs to learn circular breathing.

So I was wondering can you help me and tell me how can heart attack survivors properly use circular breathing?

Thank you.

Hey La Yi La,

Now that I've read your question, I'm quite sure that you don't really know what circular breathing is.

Circular breathing is a technique used by players of some wind instruments to produce a continuous tone without interruption. This is accomplished by breathing in through the nose while simultaneously pushing air out through the mouth using air stored in the cheeks.

I ran across this type of breathing once, it seemed kind of easy to me. Then I gave it a try and it turned out to be the one and only thing that I have tried to learn and actually failed.

Hey guys,

Alan is right, this is extremely hard and most of people need a lot of time to figure out how this works. Actually, I know a few people who have realized that the best way of learning circular breathing is to sign up for a course where you learn how to play a wind instrument.

It's kind of funny that something that looks so easy isn't easy at all, actually, it is quite hard. Took me two months to learn it, I had a heart attack two years ago and had to learn this as well. It was so hard.

Hello everyone,

It is very hard indeed. It would be nice if you would practice with your husband, that would be a way to show your support. There are videos and explanations on the internet but you will find these rather unhelpful, you will need to find someone who already learned this and who could teach you face to face.

Signing up for wind instrument course is also a very good idea, Guest. Not only that you will learn how to use circular breathing, but you will also learn how to play one of the wind instruments. I would definitely advise you to try and do this.

Hey everyone,

That is a good was to learn circular breathing, by learning to play a wind instrument. Here, in my city, we have courses in hospitals because a lot of people are struggling with this matter.

It is not something like an official course, it's only doctors' good will. They use their spare time to teach people who had heart attacks how to breathe using this method called circular breathing.

Other than this, I actually know that there are people who are giving classes for this at their homes for a certain amount of money. I heard that they teach pretty good.

Hi everyone,

It is true that this can be pretty hard. I know of one person, a friend of mine who is struggling to learn this even as we speak. It's taking him two weeks already.

Well, my friend tried to learn it on his own using internet to find the lesson for it but he can't do it. Now, a friend of his has a friend who has had a heart attack and who knows how to use circular breathing so they've met and now this guy is teaching my friend how to breathe in this way. He is finally going to learn it sometime these days.

Hello everyone.

When I had a heart attack it was so hard for me to learn how to properly use circular breathing. I think that this was the philosophy for me. In this case it is very important to find someone who can describe you how and show you how to do that.

It is very important to know that circular breathing is the ability to maintain a sound for long periods of a time and you can do it by filling your cheeks with air when you start to run low on the air in your lungs. You need to find the proper connection in breathing.

Good day there.

I really hope that your husband is doing OK now. As someone already told you in here, it would be nice if you can practice with your husband. I am sure that this exercise with you is going to help him to learn to breathe properly. This is a special technique used by those people who are playing some windy instruments.

I remember that one of my friends had a heart attack and her sister is playing some windy instrument (I am not sure which one) but I know that her husband is in some orchestra and he showed her how to breath properly.

It is important to learn it because it can really help you.

Hello guys. For those who have no idea what the circular breathing is, it is very simple to tell that this is a good technique for playing an instrument that enables you to keep an unbroken note flowing. Once you learn this technique, every other move is going to be much easier for you. Now, I am playing trumpet for a long time and thanks to this I know what the circular breathing is. I didn’t have any heart attack, tnx God but I was explaining to my friend how to breathe circularly. If you have someone to show you this, this is going to be amazing.