My boyfriend had a severe case of pancreatitis in April to June, he had major surgery and had 50% of his pancreas removed! I was just wondering if him using cocaine would affect his health at all besides the obvious, that it is a drug! He is aware of the consequences, and just is curious as to if it will effect his pancreas or not! Any educated knowledge will be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

I think there is a link between cocaine abuse and pancreatic cancer. I'm not a doctor but I have recently lost a few mates to this and they were all heavy hitting users at some time. I've also heard a few similar stories from other people and I've since found that there is now some evidence that there might be a link. Probably best to give it a swerve would be my advice.

Hi DoubleG, im also a survivor of pancreatitis and am also wondering what would happen, its been a while since your question was put up,, did he try the cocaine???

Hi I’m also wondering as my best friend had acute pancreatitis & shes 18 so quite hard to be told you can never drink alcohol again:(( how did it go with trying doing coke again? Did it make it worse or no effect really?

I am the best friend who is 18. Please could someone tell me if it is possible for someone with acute pancreatitis to do cocaine. Any doctors?