I’m on therapy with Diazepam. I have certain problem with sleeping. I think it help me. But I want to ask somebody can I use this drug if I’m pregnant. Well, I’m not pregnant but I would like to be. So, tell me, please, anyone used Diazepam during pregnancy? Thanks!

No, Diazepam is very dangerous drug in pregnancy. It’s in the FDA pregnancy category D. This means that it can hurt your baby. It’s very dangerous when it’s used in a first trimester. So, you should talk with your doctor that you planning to become pregnant. Also woman who is breast-feeding a baby shouldn’t use Diazepam.

hi thanx for the advice i recently brougt some tabets small blue ones i was told were diazipam how harmful are they to my baby as i a 11 weeks pregnant i only got them because i was a herion addict when i found out i was pregnant and obviously needed to stop this so that didnt hurt my baby i am on a methadone programme but it doesnt last he full 24 hours i need it to so i got these to help me get through the night till the chemist opens the next morning it takes 3-5 days to be fully rid of herion from ur system allthough the sycological sid lastsalot longer but i can deal with that from myfriends and family so i need to no would it harm my baby seriously if i took these tablets for 3-5 days just to do my RATTLE or detox from herion please could sum one reply as i dont want to anything to risk losing this baby as i thought i couldnt have children many thanx :!: :!: :!: :D [/list]

Hi, I have been taking methadone tablets (Physeptone) 40mg per day also 10mg of diazepam daily for a chronic pain condition for about 10 years now. I had my son 3 years ago who is a beautiful, healthy little boy. When I found out that I was pregnant with him I had major concerns about taking my medication while pregnant, I was told to stay on all my medication by my doctor and was monitered regularly at the hospital where I was to give birth. I had an easy pregnancy with no problems, my doctor also recommended that I take 1 extra diazepam (valium) as I had to stop smoking and he said that taking 1 extra diazepam when I was stressed or felt like a ciggie outweighed the risk of smoking when pregnant. I gave birth to a beautiful, healthy little boy!! (I do thank God everyday that he is healthy) After the birth he stayed in the hospital for 2 weeks more than me as he was monitered for any withdrawl symptoms. They put him on a low doze of Phenobarbatitone shortly after his birth, he did not show any symptoms of withdrawl and I was able to take him home after 2 weeks and I was told to reduce his doze of phenobarb every other day. He had no problems coming off the medication and he was a fantastic baby, he fed well, slept well and only cried when hungry, sleepy etc. I recommend that you talk to a medical professional regarding taking any type of medication when pregnant as with my situation if I had stopped taking my medication of tryed to reduce in any way I know that I would have got sick therefore my baby would have got sick also, and I may have lost him. Of course I would much rather have been well and taking no medication when pregnant but in my situation that could have been fatal for both of us! I wish you all the best and hope you are feeling ok and that your baby is doing well.

hi
I will be trying to get pregnant in end of jan and have been told by my doc not to be on it(valium) and have been successful since jan. but last nite i couldn't sleep and hav taken some. i wish i shouldn't but i know i'll feel worse if i don't. my doc told me that it'll washed out of the system fairly quickly by 2 wks. does anyone have the same experience? pls help

Chemical drugs, just like opioids and Methamphetamine, or caffeine for that matter tends to make you feel bad as it leaves the system. Because you body become depended on it and doesn't know any other way. If you can learn to live without them than you are better off. Not sleeping for a girl. Especially one in their child bearing years is natural. Just wait till you are preggo and insomnia kicks in during the 9th month. Listening to everyone else sleep isn't fun. But with the baby you are up to. So I guess it never ends.

4am became my interesting time to wake up and watch channel 9. I miss those quiet moments.

I am 5mths pregnant and have been on methadone for nearly 6yrs i was on 120mls of meth a day n 6vals a day n I just about got through the day being a heroine user, life was misreable but since then i have goy my life 2gether and am currently cuming off the meth and am only on 20mls a day but I am taking valium to help with both physical and physcological side of things. I had 3misscarraiges :'( :'( :'( and this was due 2my doctor reducing my medication the min I found out i was pregnant and therefore I lost my babies and have went through hell and back I am very anxious and worried about my babys development but am afraid to reduce my valium as I am planning 2be off the meth b4 my babies due. Has anybody any advice as i am finding it very hard coming off the meth and find the valium help a little please I need some1 who has been in the same situation as my doc hasnt a clue really nobody does unless you have been in my sjoes I would appriciate any advice as I plan to come off my meth for the 1st time in 6yrs and been on such a high dose to go to nothing and this terrifies me as I have never not been on something I am clean 3yrs but have used meth and vals as a crutch to help me and it has worked but obviously I am facing a hard road ahead please help:!: ! ! ! ! !

hi my parner had a herion addiction he has been clean for six years he has been on subtex for six years and they have help keep him stable he has never look back and would never take herion again since you are on 20 ml of methodone your doctor can put you on subatex and has for your valium problem i am a recoving valium addict was on valium from the age of 14 i am now 36 i stop taking my valium five years ago i went cold turkey it was hell belive me girl but thats the only way i could do it but has you are pregant your better to stay on them intill you had your baby and then ween your self of the valium i use to take 50 to 70 tablets aday i was living just off my head every day me and my parnter are now trying for a baby i have to take a table every day not valium a tablet for my illness which i got though my valium use but i feel so much better since been of the valium but when i get pregant i will still be on my medacation it will do your baby more harm to stop the valium while you are pregant wait intill you had your bundle of joy hope that helps me if you want to chat i am on face book my name his esther guthrie

* i hope it helps you.

i have been taking benzos and adderal during my pregnancy but not everyday, only as needed so maybe once A WEEK. because im not taking everyday do you think my chanvces of something being wrong with my baby are a lot less? i worry about it a lot but is taking them here and there going to have a profound impact on my child? aNY answers would help thanks!

I wa on 90ml of methadone for a long time an my 3yr old suffered terribly because of this, I'm now pregnant with my 2nd baby and started reducing as soon as I found out I was pregnant which I was in 40ml wen I found out. I'm currently on 23ml and nothing else, I haven't had any other meds to help my rattle and although I do feel rubbish I am monitored weekly. My baby still has a slight risk of suffering withdrawal but I'm doing my best to reduce the dose so he doesn't suffer like my son did! Every pregnancy is different so although the advice on here is brill please only go by the advice of your health care professional

sorry but complete rubbish im 4 months pregnant and was told by my consultant I was not to stop taking my meds and it was only a danger in the later stages . The risks are the baby will have difficulty sleeping for a short time after birth but this is not 100 % SURE

The adoral yes it is a class d amphetamine and any amphetamine no matter what class can and usually will cause your cervix to basically start labor I don't remember the word my doc used but I was taking adoral at 8 weeks preg I didn't know I was preg yet when I found out we took two weeks to wean me off at 5 months pregnant I lost the baby because my cervix ripped or ruptured and delivered the baby and it was all due to the adoral in the first trimester please talk to your doc but it would be best to get off em quick

Hi I have been given diazepam to take 3 tablets a day at a 5mg dosage I am trying for a baby will these 3 days affect my chances? I have not had a missed period but if I happen to be pregnant (I would only be a week or so) would this harm the baby? Im just worried as I have PCOS and find it hard to fall pregnant just worried

I totally agree I was taking 40mg of diazepam a day I'm now 8 weeks pregnant and am down to 10mg a day planning to cut down to 5mg next week my doctor told me if I were to stop them abruptly would make me Ill and possibly cause miscarriage I'm also on Prozac 20mg a day and told to stay on them completely thro out my pregnancy u have to feel healthy and well urself or ur baby dosnt stand a chance