Hello, folks. I have a sister that is in hospital. She has just been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. I know that her main symptom and difficulty is nerve-related pain. I would like to know what medications may be beneficial for this problem in MS. I would really appreciate this piece of info.

Hello. Pain is something that is common for people with MS. It can be present in any of the four types of the disease. The most common types of the pain are back pain, leg pain and painful spasms in legs. However, many people with MS cannot control their pain. This pain can be short-term. However, it can also be long-term. I suggest you to discuss this with your sister’s doctor. See what he recommends. I hope something will help.

Hi, guys. I agree that managing pain in MS is a challenge. However, you shouldn’t just give up. For muscle and back pain you can try with aspirin or acetaminophen. Physical therapy can help in strengthening the muscles and improving the posture. Some people use antidepressants for dealing with pain. Electric stimulation can also help. You should discuss these issues with a specialist. I hope something will help. Bye!

Hello. I would agree with the previous posts. You must explore all the possibilities. Pain can also be caused by neuralgia. In these cases anticonvulsants can help. Tegretol or Lamictal are often used in this purpose. In some cases, surgery can help. You should discuss all these issues. I hope there will be a solution. Good luck!