I would like to ask something about galactosemia, since my friend's son has been diagnosed with it. He is just a baby and I hope that he will be all right. Can that condition return after growing out of it? He is already under a therapy and under severe diet.

Hmm, I am not sure about that growing out part. As far as I know, it is a condition that lasts for a lifetime and only diets can help. And unfortunately, there might be some additional problems caused by this illness and those include bone and speech problems. Let's hope that it won't come to that...

i was born with the desiese and i grew out of it even after they told my parents i never would. im perfectly fine and 20 years later im still perfectly fine, and i have no problem with milk or anything it hasnt come back.
so dont worry.
:-)

I was diagnosed when i was a baby and i grew out of it when i was around 4 years old and i haven't had a problem with dairy foods since then.

Hey guys just want to know .....based on last 2 comments ...i got that you guys were having glactosemia , but from some time you are able to take dairy products.....

Please let me know the exact and in detail information as if my son is having glactosemia and is 4 yrs right now on restrict diet.