For the last year I’ve been dealing with stomach problems. Every time I eat a meal I’ feel sick afterwards for the next hour, mostly gassy felling and like the food is sitting like a brick in my stomach. I’ve been to the doctor three times and have been prescribed nexium, and motilium, all of which eased the problem while taking the meds, but a week after they're gone the problem returns. I’ve had a blood test and apparently all is good there. ???

What kind of doctor have you gone to, a gastroenterologist? If not I would try to go see a gastroenterologist. I think those meds only mask symptoms. I agree with it sounding like something related to your gall bladder, but it may be something else too. I had stomach problems after eating once and I've only been to my family physician. Put me on nexium for 3 months. Everything is fine now.

I have also had the same problems i am now taking Preacid and Reglan. seems to help not that much my blood work has came back fine and i have gone to a Gastrointistanil DR. i have had this problem for about 4 yrs now and can't ride in a car after eating for about 3 hrs after and sometimes longer. i know what you are going threw but just know that it could be worse. But i hope that they can't find out what is wrong with you and if so let me know we may have something in common.

Just a suggestion you could try....

what about a high quality ( from a naturopath or good healthfood store ) plant based digestive enzyme?

I used to take the purple pill for constant nausea and stomach pain. It turned out that I didn't have enough digestive juices and the meds were masking symptoms for me.

Good Luck!
Ginger

It could be a peptic ulcer. I had the same symptoms you are experiencing only they would last at least 2 weeks after eating certain foods then eventually go away. They got more and more frequent. I was diagnosed with a peptic ulcer and as soon as I started the meds, it cleared up right way and I'm problem free today!

Check into it, it might be the solution to your problem.

I have had stomach problems for about 8 years now. It goes away for a little while then comes back. I usually get sick in the morning, when I was in highschool my entire senior year I would have to rush to the bathroom because my stomach was upset every morning. I have gone to the doctor and gotten about 20 bloodtests. I have done stool samples and an upper and lower gi. They told me I have gastritis and some irritation in my stomach. I had pills they gave me and a special diet. I couldn't follow the diet because it didn't allow me to eat anything. I did take the pills for a while but it didn't help much. I eat and go straight to the bathroom at least 3 times a day. I'm pretty sure thats not healty.

You may want to keep a food diary and could be dairy and or Gluteen problems. You can have a hard time digesting these products, I have been keeping a food diary and I believe that I have narrowed down the colprute ---glutten products which is in most everything we eat these days.

i know what your saying pain that fills like labor pain ha.

My son had the same issues.Severe stomach pains after he ate. Doctor said nothing wrong maybe growing pains. I put him on lactose free milk and his problems went away.

My daughter was having frequent stomach aches.  Doctor said a lot of kids do and for 50% of them, they don't know why.  Once they started happening after every meal I took her to a naturopath.  She was put on a strict diet to determineif she had a food sensitivity and also put on a supplement to restore the healthy bacteria in her bowels.  After the diet was complete she had no food issues, but she was all better.  It was determined that the healthy bacteria in her bowels had died off (which can happen) and now they were restored after completing the supplements.  Sometimes doctors treat with meds and never look at the real issue, sorry to say.  Stomach aches can be caused by so many things.  Look to other types of medical professionals if you don't get results from the doctor.

so what did you start taking?

I went through a year of having severe pains in my right side, right under my ribs. underwent all sorts of tests and nothing showed up. One doctor suggested gallbladder disease and thinks one day i will develop gallstones. my moms friend confirmed this since he had the same thing when he was my age and finally, at the age of 40, got his taken out. i have been vegetarian for 3 years now and cant eat fatty foods (anything fried or containing vegetable oil) or dairy products
try cutting out certain things. it worked for me when the doctors coudnt help

So how did you solve the problem of inadequate digestive juices?

I had the stomach issues plus vomiting at any time of the day -nausea, sick after eating with pain in the stomach area, lost over 20 lbs. in a month. I was put on nexium which didn't help much so then sent to a Gastro., dr. I hope you went to a specialist. He did several tests on me and found I had gastroparesis (which is unusual because I don't have diabetes - they usually go hand in hand), But it still can occur without having diabetes. They then tried several medications and a trial treatment for it , before I started feeling better. I still have to watch what I eat and how much I eat at a time.  Hope this might help someone.....

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

I had a friend that did that and found he was allergic to a lot of foods.finely and it took while but they got back on track. He couldn't eat eggs and milk. A lot of food has these in them so everytime he ate...