Can you help me with my situation? I need a proper diet for children with galactosemia. My son has just been diagnosed with that condition and I was explained that a diet has to be applied immediately in order to avoid possible complications. We have received some diet from a doctor and I would just like to know if it is ok...

Well, you can be assured that it is a right choice for your child. The diet prescribed for those that suffer from galactosemia lack galactose and lactose, because the patients don't have the enzymes needed for absorbing those substances. So you don't have to look further, just make sure that the diet is applied properly and regularly.

Hello there,

I agree with the mathian and there is no need to look further. If your doctor gave you diet which you should applied in your child’s nutrition than there is no point in question what he prescribed. Your child is lactose intolerant and you need to take out all dairy products from his nutrition.

If it seems to you that it is hard to live with this don’t worry because it will be easy once you get used to. There are excellent substitutes for ordinary milk and ordinary (by ordinary I mean cow milk) dairy products. So you will have to take care about everything in the beginning but afterwards it is going to be easy. Good luck.